Status: Hiatus: Bother Silentaffections please!

My Pretend Fiancé

For Today...

“Mr. Kingsley, Will Smith is on the phone, says he got some odd package saying he was suppose to start wearing some shoes and whatnot. Saying you never told him about that?” Jennie, Leonard's perky blond secretary told him as he headed into his office. He looked at her in disbelief, her following close behind him to give him his messages that had been left for him while he was gone at his meeting. It had been a long day and he wasn't ready to deal with anymore of his clients, unfortunately he knew he had to at least finish up the project he was working on and fix any mess that he might have come up in the three hour meeting he had just endured.

“Dammit, those shoes were for Derek Jeter! Fuck, get Nike on the phone tell them they sent it to the wrong person and to reship the shoes and send my apologies to Will. Next,” Leonard sat down at his desk and opened his laptop which opened up to a power-point presentation that he was working on to hook on this small band, Sick Puppies.

“Um, a woman named Lenina called, said you had given her this number in case of an emergency, Rachel Weiz also called, wanted to make sure everything was good, that everyone knew she didn't want to show off the baby, and that's it.” Leonard was so focused in what he was doing that he didn't even hear what Jennie had been telling him.

“Mr. Kingsley?” Leonard looked up at her, completely forgetting that she was there. She just rolled her eyes and handed him the slips of the missed phone calls and then headed back to her desk in the front.

Leonard looked through them and saw the one from Lenina. He couldn't believe she had called it was only twelve, and her third day there and she was in trouble? He quickly looked at his cell phone and saw a missed call from a strange number in the city and a voice mail. He knew that must have been her and wondered what was wrong.

He quickly listened to it, not telling him much other than she thought that she might have to picked up early. Leonard stared at his laptop knowing that if he didn't finish this presentation by the end of tonight for tomorrow's meeting then his father would have his neck. He sighed looking at the time Lenina had called and then at the current time seeing as how she sent him the message only half an hour ago.

“Shit.” Against his better judgment, Leonard packed up his laptop and everything else he needed.

“Go home, Jennie. See you tomorrow.” Leonard told her as he quickly made is way out of the office his briefcase in hand. Oddly enough heading into the elevator he saw his father, a rather tall and intimidating man, standing inside of it. Leonard walked on to it and pressed the button labeled, 'P1' to head down to the parking lot.

“You're leaving rather early. I thought you had a presentation to finish?” His father asked him knowing how Leonard liked to slack off.

“You know, I do. But I have more important things to attend to at this moment.” Leonard glared up at his father, his eyes piercing through his father's gray-blue ones.

“Oh, and what would that be Leonard? Another one of your hooker friends, I assume.” His father raised at brow at him and just before the they reached the parking lot, Leonard smirked at his father while shaking his head, letting out a small snicker.

“No, father. My girlfriend.” He stepped out of the elevator leaving his father a bit skeptical and quickly made his way to his care to rush to Lenina's aid. He didn't understand the urgency he was feeling but for some reason he knew he had to get to Lenina, almost as if she was calling out to him.



Lenina sat on the curb in front of the hotel she had been working at sobbing into her knees. Her bright green eyes were puffy and her nose was so red, she could've have taken Rudolph's job. She was in her normal clothes, her small blue backpack slung over her shoulder as she continued to sob.

Leonard pulled up right before her seeing her just sitting there when she should have been inside of the hotel cleaning and doing the duties she was assigned to but instead she was sitting here. He got out of his car in his suit and tie, and knelled on the moist, dirty floor in front of her.

“Lenina, what's wrong?” She looked up at him, her face contorted in a sadness Leonard had never seen.

“Oh, Leo, it's horrible!” She threw her arms around him and he was shocked for a moment, not really knowing what to do, or how to comfort a woman when she was crying but did the only thing that came almost instinctively to him. He held her in his arms and stood up, gently rocking back and forth as she sobbed into his chest.

“What happened?” He pressed again and heard her take deep breaths with her sniffles. She wiped some tears away and then looked at him, trying to calm her breath.

“I was fired. I screwed up and accidentally set a room on fire. It wasn't a big one, but they fired me anyway. I feel so stupid!” She cried even harder all over again and Leonard just took her in his arms again. For some unknown reason to Leonard, it pained him to see him like this. It wasn't something he was used to therefore, for Leonard, it wasn't something that he was ready to welcome yet.

“You're not stupid, Lenina, don't worry. I'm sure you'll get another job, okay?” Lenina looked up and then to the side, her breathing distorted from all the crying she had been doing.

“You think?” Leonard just smiled at her, brushing her hair away from her eyes. He never realized just how truly beautiful she was.

“How about I get you some ice-cream and we watch a movie?” Lenina smiled through her tears and nodded her head. She quickly ran to the car and hopped in. It was like she had never been sad at all, and Leonard liked making her that way.

“Come on!” She shouted from the window and Leonard just chuckled getting into the car himself. For some reason he enjoyed just how childish Lenina was, and how easy it was to make her happy. To make her smile.

'What the hell are you thinking, Leo? Snap out of it!' Leonard couldn't believe his own warm cuddly thoughts he was having and decided to ignore them and start driving to get the ice-cream Lenina wanted and whatever movie she desired also. Even though his thoughts confused him and even told him it'd be best to just go home and let her deal with things, he saw the little girl inside, begging to be comforted after this...tradgey, he knew all she wanted was someone to tell her it was okay. Leonard decided that for today, he would be that person.

“I think we should watch Pirates!”