Hard to Say I Do, When I Don't

Chapter 10

An owl hooted over Ember head as she moved silently through the trees. In her wolf form she was a quiet killer, stalking without a sound. Mason moved gracefully behind her, his feet not making any nose on the forest floor. Only the soft swoosh of his pack gave him away, but the small sound wasn't enough to disturb the herd of deer they were stalking.

Four deer were grazing in a small opening in the trees. One was an older buck, the other three being lithe does. They remained completely unaware as Mason and Ember moved closer.

Without warning, Ember burst through the trees and onto the back of the buck. Mason quickly followed, taking down the closest doe. The remaining deer scattered into the woods.

Mason looked up from his kill to see Ember covered in the blood of the buck that lay dead near her paws. His only thought was how graceful she had been taking him down. And how beautiful she now looked, slowly licking the blood off of her white fur.

Mason glanced back at his kill, noticing how great his thirst had become. The smell of the doe's blood began to fill his senses, overwhelming him. Slowly, he began to lean down toward the deer's neck, aching for her sweet blood. His lips connected with flesh and soon he was gorging himself on the sweet nectar of blood.

When he had finally sucked the body dry, he saw that Ember had been watching him, her curiosity burning in her eyes. But only curiosity was there, no hate or fear at his actions.

Mason smiled as he wiped the blood off his mouth and stood up.

Ember slowly walked over to Mason, gracefully placing one paw in front of the other. She grabbed Mason's pack in her teeth from where it had dropped in the excitement of the hunt. She quickly dragged it back into the trees and behind a bush.

Ember's human form rose out from behind the bush, her bare back to Mason.

He was sure his heart would have stopped had it been beating.

She was so beautiful. Her light skin was glowing in the moonlight. Her waist was thin and Mason could see her spine slightly protruding, surrounded by her strong back muscles that moved fluidly as she slid a shirt on.

Mason quickly turned back to his doe, aware that he had been staring for far too long at her figure. Had he been human, Mason was sure he would be blushing right now.

"Ready to go back?" Ember asked, finished with her changing.

Mason simply nodded, unable to look at Ember without thinking of her beautiful body. He placed the buck on his back, while leaving the drained corpse of the doe behind.

"This was ... nice." Ember stated as they began their walk back to Damir.

Mason smiled and chanced a glance at Ember, to find a grin on her face as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to reneeanne and ladydee for commenting :)