Retrieving Sanity

Prologue

Why me?

I have asked myself the same question countless time over the last century. Being me isn’t all it’s cracked out to be, as much as you may want to be one, you must neverchose to become one. Take my advise, learn from my mistakes. Desire is a lust that we are incapable of fully understanding. Never give into it. You only become and create yet more statistics. Is that what you really want? Ask yourself, is that what I really wanted?
You may want to ask what my problem is. I have a very simple answer: everything. I am a murderer, a self-confessed cannibal. Would I chose to be this if I had the choice? No. My immortal beauty only draws in my prey, of which I have no choice but to use my instincts. Instinct tell me to kill, and feed.

Discreet, a word that has been used to describe myself since the change, I must be this to survive. I do not go to school, I haven’t done since 1909. Since then I have been self-educated. Shoplifting is my alternative to shopping. In the dead of the night I will sneak into desolate shops to get what I need to remain the living dead. The life I lead is easily difficult. Pain is my main source of food.

Still don’t know what i am? How do you not know by now? The simplicity of my non-curable disease makes it hard for some to guess. If the problem’s to hard I’ll just have to give you the answer. Vampire.

Yes, I am a vampire. A vicious, blood thirsty leech. Nothing can ever change that, it’s to late for that.

Remaining antisocial for a hundred years then returning to society is what I call a slightly bad idea. Wait, scrap that, an extremely bad idea. Not only will this be impossible and incredible for me to do, it also puts many peoples’ lives at risk. Trying this is my only option, my last resort. I am only going along with this because I have to. I must keep the little sanity that I am still in possession of and try to retrieve that that transformed to insanity long ago.
So, maybe I don’t have the best of ideas. But that doesn’t mean that they are not able to be carried out. Everything and anything is what I am able to do. Everything and anything is all that I am going to put into this. Nobody’s going to stop me, not even if they try.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just the prologue.
The actual story will start in the next chapter