Status: indefinite hiatus.

Lovely Day, T'isn't It?

Forget it...

Leigh listened to Draco’s song for the last time before going to sleep. She dreamt of his voice and woke to the song again as Rhiannon played it for what was likely the billionth time.
“Morning sunshine!” Rhia exclaimed, jumping onto the bed where Leigh was lying happily.
“Why are you still playing that song?”
“Because, silly, it’s really sweet. I think he likes you.” She said, sing-songing the word ‘likes’ and laughing hysterically.
“What gave you your first clue.” Leigh rolled her eyes and lay back down, holding a pillow against her head.
“Get up! The second task starts in like an hour and I need breakfast!” Rhiannon whined.
“Fine. But if we see Draco, I’m coming straight back here.”
“WHY!? He like loves you or something Leigh! You can’t just ignore him! Why would you want to anyway!?”
“Because, Rhi, I’m not so sure if I have feelings for him.”
><
The four champions dived into the water as the others looked on in both awe and fear. They waited tensely for the first champion to come surging from the depths of the lake. Fleur came swimming up empty-handed. Quickly, the Beauxbatons staff worked to get her semi-conscious body out of the water and onto the platforms. The blonde French girls all made a hullabaloo. It was scary for them to see one of their friends lying still, hypothermic. As Madam Pomfrey nursed her back to her warmth, all of the students waited. As Fleur stood, the rest cheered, thankful that she would be alright. Dumbledore, though, remained concerned. He knew that somehow Fleur’s young sister would have to be rescued. He hoped that one of the others would do that job.
Cedric fluttered to the surface with Cho in his arms. He held her close to him as they both caught their breath. He kissed her and Will felt the anger storm into his chest.
“She’s the most important thing to him.” He whispered.
“What?” Leigh asked, not hearing.
“She’s the most important thing to him.” He repeated, more loudly this time.
“What do you mean?” As she said this, Viktor came surging out of the water.
“You see!” Will exclaimed, pointing at Hermione and Krum.
“See what?”
“The person they bring up is whoever they most care about! And for Cedric, that was Cho…not me.” He sighed. Leigh looked up at him and then gave him the tightest hug she could.
“I’m sure that’s not true.”
“No, it is. That’s why he doesn’t want to tell. He isn’t worried that his father won’t accept him. He’s afraid his wretched father won’t accept me. And you know what? He’s probably right.” He slipped out of Leigh’s embrace and made his way to the back of the crowd.
“William!” She called, but it was overshadowed by the Exclaims of excitement made by those around her. Harry had done it. He’d rescued both his person, and Fleur’s. Dumbledore smiled as he reported the final standings, but Leigh and Damien both frowned. Will, because he felt rejected, and Leigh, because she had no idea as to how to soothe him. At that moment, Draco appeared at her side.
“What’s wrong, love?”
“Nothing, nothing at all.”
“So, do you have any plans for this evening?”
“Not quite, Why?”
“Because I want you to hear something. Meet me at the Black—” She cut him off.
“I heard the song Drake.”
“What?”
“Rhiannon used her wand to record it. She played it for me last night. It’s beautiful Draco,” She smiled and kissed his cheek, “thank you. I really do love it.”
“God-damn-it.”
“What?”
“I wanted…oh never mind.”
“Oh, come on. Just tell me!”
“Forget it.”
“Please Drake.” She whined and pouted.
“Nah, don’t worry about it. I’ll ask you some other way.” He walked off before she could say ‘Ask me what!?’. She stood stunned for a moment before returning to her dorms. She had to find Rhiannon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment/Message/Subscribe!