Different

Chapter 1

You and your friends Megan & Emily are sitting on your front porch. It's the day before school starts so your all going on & on about it. "I can't wait. School is tomorrow!" says Em. "Yeah! Middle school! It's gonna be so different" you answer. "Yeah...different" says Meg. Ever since the middle of the summer Meg has been acting very strange. Like she's keeping something. I'm not sure whats up but this year I'm going to figure it out. She's staying over my house the day before school starts. She lives two houses away so it doesn't really matter anyway. "Why does school start on a Thursday"? You ask. "I don't know"! Answers Meg excitedly. "Wait. You're still staying over tonight right"? You ask worried. "Yeah. Why wouldn't I" Meg says. The truth is she's not only acting strange but she cancels sleepovers a lot! "No reason just making sure your mom didn't say no or something" you answer hoping she doesn't ask any more questions. "It's gonna be fun"! Meg says.

"Em. How are you knowing your boyfriend isn't going to our school"? Meg says. "Fine" she answers. "Well. I think it's cool you're not breaking up with him because you might find someone else" you say. "About that" Em says worried. "Emily"? says Meg questionably. "Did you break up with him"? "No" she screams. "But I am thinking about it." Emily has been going out with Chris since 4th grade & they are inseparable...or were I guess. "Well I gotta get home" says Emily. "Bye" you & Meg say at the same time. Then you & Megan go to your room. "I can't believe she's going to break up with Chris" you say surprised. "No. She might break up with Chris. She's still thinking about it." says Megan correcting. "Yeah. Well it still might happen" you scream. "I know. But maybe she will find someone better" says Megan. "Yeah. I hope" you say. You & Megan are in your room. Your on your bed & Megan is sitting on the floor holding a pillow. All of a sudden you hear a loud crash.