Different

Chapter 2

You run downstairs with Megan following you. Your parents are out shopping & should be gone for another hour or so. Your older sister is over her friends house picking out outfits for school. Your sister's name is Ashley. She's in 11th grade this year. Now, back to the story. "What was that" asks Meg in a worried & scared voice. "I don't know" you whisper back. You hear the noise again. But this time from outside. You run to the window & look out. You see a large garbage truck. "It's just a garbage truck" you say laughing. "Seriously" says Megan. "Yep. Come & look" Megan comes over to the window. "Garbage trucks aren't that scary" she says. "Yeah. I thought it was gonna be something else" you say. "Yeah. Like a robber or something." says Meg. You & Megan go upstairs to your room to look at outfits for school. "Whenever my parents get home we can go down to my house to look for my outfit" says Meg. "Duh" you say smiling. Then you hear a knock on the door. "I wonder if it's your parents" says Megan as you & her walk downstairs to open the door.

"No. They're not gonna be home for at least one more hour" you say opening the door. "Oh my god" says Megan surprised. "What are you wearing" you say to your best guy friend, Joey. "You like" he asks smiling. "Very funny Joey" says Megan."Hey. My parents aren't home right now. When they get back I'll call & you can meet us in the woods" you say. "Okay do key" says Joey dorky. "Bye" you all say at the same time. You shut the door then jump onto the couch with a sigh. "What" asks Megan. "I don't know. Joey just makes me laugh all the time" you say with another sigh.
"Yeah" says Megan as she sits next to you.

You have been friends with Joey since 1st grade. Same with Megan & Emily. Joey lives across the street so you see him almost every day. Your street is a dead end. It ends with woods. You & Megan & Joey made a little club with chairs, a table & trees that fell over & you use them to log walk. Log walking of course is when you walk on a log. "So. What do you want to do now" you asked Megan. "I don't know. Why are you asking me. It's your house" she says back. Your parents walk in the front door carrying bags. You help then quickly run to Megan's house to pick out her outfit. After half an hour you both have the perfect outfits for the first day of middle school. Then you grab Megan's phone & call Joey. You say "meet us at the woods". He just says "OK" and hangs up.