Different

Chapter 4

"So thats your secret" you ask Megan. "Yes" she answers. "Why didn't you tell me" you ask looking her straight in the eyes. "I thought you would think I'm crazy" she says looking down. You're laying on the bed next to your sister's. Your sister is sleeping over her friend's house so Megan is laying in her bed. It's about 10:00p.m. & you just found out Megan's secret. She's a werewolves. Well thats what she says. "So. Do you know what I am" you ask excited. "Yes" she answers. There's a moment of silence then you say "So. What am I"? And the next thing she says makes you mad. "You have to figure it out. I can't tell you." "Then how do I find out?" "I can't tell you, but if you guess I can answer."

"OK. So, am I a werewolves, too?" you ask quickly. Then your mom walks in "girls, time to go to sleep." So you fall asleep fast. You have a wonderful dream & realize what you are. You wake up to Megan jumping up & down. "Get up! Get up! Get up! It's time to get ready for school!" she says excited. You get up as quick as you can & get ready. As your walking down the stairs you whisper in Megan's ear what you think you are & she turns & smiles at you, but says nothing. You & Megan eat breakfast then run down to the bus stop with all your new school stuff: new clothes, new book bags, new notebooks, new everything! At the bus stop you meet see the person you know Megan doesn't want to see, Max.

You act as well as you can to not show that you like him. It works out pretty good. He walks around you & Meg again & again. "OK. You did pretty good getting ready for middle school, girls." he says after stopping & facing you. "To bad you didn't" jokes Megan.You laugh to hide your feelings for Max. You pull Megan aside and tell her you have a secret to tell her then you whisper to her that you do like Max. She screams "WHAT!" You turn around and see Max looking at you two confusingly. "How?" Megan asks. "I don't know. I just do." You say back in your sorry I didn't tell you voice. "Well. OK. Do you want me to stop picking on him?" she asks. "No!" that will make it obvious, just act normal. "That's not gonna be to hard," she says back.

You walk back over to Max & he asks "what was that about?" "nothing" says Megan in a worried voice. "What's wrong?" Max asks Megan. "Nothing. She just has before middle school jitters." you answer. "Yeah. Jitters" she says. Max opens his mouth to say something but is interrupted by Joey. "Hey girls!" joey screams. He didn't look as bad as I thought he would. The bus pulls up & you all get on. Of course, you sit next to Megan & across from you is Joey & Emily. Surprisingly, Max sits in front of you, next to a kid named Adam that went to your elementary school. Joey leans over & whispers "Aw" in your ear. Your face turns bright red. "How did you find out?" you ask him quietly.

"I have my ways" he says with another one of his smirks. "Don't say anything" you tell him. "I wont. I promise" Joey says back with his right hand up. Then you mouth the words "thank-you" to him. Max turns around & smiles. You look at him & Megan nudges you. "What do you want?" she asks. "Oh. Nothing. I'm just so lucky" he says & smiles again. "Why" you ask. And he answers "to be sitting by such a beautiful girl. You know you've really changed since last year, Niki." You try not to blush but you do. "Thanks, I guess" you say & roll your eyes to make it seem like you're not interested. Then Em sees you're acting weird & says "Nikki, are you OK?" And you nod your head to Emily to tell Joey that he can tell her & he does. She looks at you with wide eyes. "Really Nikki?" And Max says "What? Whats so interesting" looking back and fourth at Emily, Joey, you & Megan again & again until he stops & looks directly at you.