NightCurse

Leaving Home

“AHH!” I screamed like a little girl when I realized someone had grabbed me. I instinctually pushed away and was suddenly sitting on the freezing ground facing the man who had grabbed me. That’s when I realized who it unmistakably was with his overly-lengthy, black that reminded me of something burnt all over like the way my biological mother made Christmas cookies. I didn’t really think his hair was attractive at all. I preferred short, light-colored hair. It was Gerard Way. The lighter it was the better. However, his personality was more than extraordinary. In his hand was an empty, completely crumbled up Burger King bag and his car keys, which had a silver, tarnishing keychain that read the name of one of his favorite bands (I forget which.) The keychain honestly looked ancient. His shirt was an extremely dark green with bright orange horizontal stripes and about three black buttons at the top where the collar separated when not buttoned. He was wearing a pair of light-blue jeans with and a pair of black sneakers. Wait, why was his hair now black? Didn’t he bleach it back in the spring? He must’ve dyed it back or something. Pretty odd. It had also grown back a considerable bit yet wasn’t as long as it usually was.

“I scared you?” He asked in a bit of a surprised voice.

“Yeah! There was this guy who was like coming after me and wanted to kill me or something! And then I found a body in some sort of weird silver clothing or something! It was horrible! And stinky! Please take me home!” I was screaming excessively as I blurted out each sentence to him as he wore a completely shocked, concerned look on his face.

“Let’s get to my mother’s, so we can call the police!”

“But she’s going to KILL me once she finds out that I was out so late!”

“It’s better than getting killed! As soon as we deal with the police, we’ll go on vacation to get you out of this place! I don’t want you getting killed! Now get in my car!”

Without hesitation, I climbed into the backseat of his car. In the passenger seat was a bunch of laundry. The inside of his car smelled of fresh pine-- something he’d love. The maroon, satin interior of the car wasn’t much to love, however. A huge chunk of the floor’s rug was missing by the right door, and the horrid smell of cigarettes had penetrated the entirety of the interior. I knew he hated to smoke in cars, especially his own, because of the way cigarette smoke clings to everything from the smoker’s clothes to his/her furniture. That’s definitely not what you want something you’d want someone to smell if you were you have to make a first impression on someone.

“Geez, where’d you get this wre— car?”

“Meh, it was a bargain deal. I figured it’d be good to use until we get back on tour again. We took a three-month’s break. We’ll be back on tour sometime next year.”

“What are you doing back so early, anyway? Weren’t you supposed to come next week?”

“Oh, I figured I’d just come now. Might as well. I didn’t want you to be waiting for so long, especially in this place. I didn’t think anything would happen to you, though, but I guess I was wrong. I’ll keep you out of this hell-hole from now on. Don’t know exactly what I’m going to do with you, but I’ll figure something out. Perhaps I could get you a tutor or something, so you could join us on the tour…”

“Wow, that’d be great!” What about all the friends I made, though? And Jackson? Oh my God, why hadn’t Jackson opened the door for me or even respond? Had he been killed?

“Uhh, Gerard?”

“Yeah?”

“Can I use your phone for a minute?”

“Sure. What for?”

“Need to call my, uhh, boyfriend.”

“Wow, you have a boyfriend? That’s awesome!”

“Yeah…” He then handed me his cell phone happily. It was silver, just like the dead body’s clothes back there. Strange. I quickly dialed his phone number and waited about three minutes for his response. It rang about ten times. Then, his voice mail picked up.

“Sorry, I’m not here right now, but please leave a message. Thanks!”

“Ugh!” I shouted as I hung up Gerard’s phone. “He’s not there!”

“That sucks. What’d you call him for, anyway?”

“Just worried. Hope he’s alright.”

“Maybe you could call him later tonight. If my mom well letcha.”

“Maybe…”

In less than five minutes, we were at Mom’s house. Apparently, she was already up, because the newspaper had been taken off of the front door-step. The paperboy usually delivers the newspaper a quarter after five, and it was already 6:27. Gerard parked on the side of the road next to the fence and then climbed out of the driver’s seat. He then pulled open my door to let me out before I even had my seatbelt on. Before I could thank him, he ran to the front door and rang the doorbell. I was about ten feet behind him when Mom answered.

.“Where have you BEEN, Cheyenne?” Her face resembled that of a furious, ready-to-kill tiger without the fangs. The way her eyebrows were scrunched up was just blood-chilling. “Some guy is going around killin’ people! It’s all over the news!”

“Err, well—“

Gerard then cut in, “She told me that some crazy guy was chasing her. Lucky I found her, or she would’ve been killed. She also said she found a dead body, so we have to call police now. Excuse me.” She then let him in the door without saying a word. Instead, she just stared at me in disbelief. I could tell she wanted to know more but did not ask just yet. I instantly followed him into the house where he had already begun to dial 911 on the miniature, maroon phone in the with sea-green lit-up dials on top of the kitchen table.

In about five minutes, Gerard handed me the phone. “Here, they want you,” he told me in a stressed out and furious voice. “FFFUU—“ I heard him say as he ran up the stairs.

“Yeah?” I asked. On the other side of the phone line was a lady with an irritating, squeaky voice.

“Why, hello, little girl.” I could imagine the geeky type of smile she’d be giving me if this were a face-to-face conversation.

“Hi,” I answered back in a quiet, innocent-sounding voice. Boy, did that make me sound like a “little girl!”

“My name is Dorothy. You need to tell me every, single thing that happened last night from the time you left your house.” I honestly was beginning to get horribly tired and almost dropped the phone right then.

“Alright, see…” I continued the story from there. It took me almost an hour to tell her the exact story, and by the time I finished, I was ready to crawl into my bed. However, she still had a few more questions.

“Can you please describe this guy for me?” The squeak in her voice was almost unbearable and had distracted me greatly. It took me about ten seconds to realize what she had asked.

“Uhh, well…” Oh, crap! I had forgotten most of the details! The only thing I remembered was that he wasn’t wearing a shirt and that his horrid breath! Ugh! I didn’t even remember his hair style! Did he even have any hair? Nooooo! “He wasn’t wearing a shirt, and his breath was absolutely horrid! Oh yeah! And he was also carrying a saw. Oh, and he seemed quite muscular. He seemed like the type of guy who’d worked hard all day. That’s about all I remember. I guess I was too shocked to really pay attention to his appearance. Sorry…”

“It’s alright, it’s alright. Can you please go get, uhh, Gerald, so I can talk to him a bit more?”

“You mean GERARD!” That was IT! Now she’d REALLY gotten under my nerves! His name is NOT Gerald!

“Uhh, sorry little girl. My bad. Now can you please go get him?”

“SURE!” I screamed apathetically to her.

“GERARD!” I screamed from the bottom of the stairway. “THIS IDIOT LADY WANTS YOU!” From the tiredness, I wasn’t thinking quite so clearly, which is what had caused me to act this way. The lady’s voice hadn’t helped, either. It had only frustrated me further.

“Alright, alright!” He screamed down to me from what used to be his room when he once lived here. He then flew down the stairs like a bat from Hell and was at the phone in seconds.

“Sorry, she’s just a little tired and stressed out right now,” he apologized for me to the lady, “She’s obviously had a very long night…” He hung up the phone in about three more minutes and then came over to me.

“Maybe you should go get some sleep, Cheyenne,” he told me, “You look absolutely exhausted!”

“Yeah, maybe I should. See you later, G.”

“See you, too. I guess I’ll go sleep on the couch. I feel a bit tired myself. Woke up at four just to get here. Oh, and the girl on the phone said she sent someone out to investigate it and that it’d probably be on the news if it indeed was a body.”

“Alright, see you once I get up.” He then instantly walked over to the bed and collapsed on it even without wearing a blanket. After realizing he was asleep, I climbed the creaking stairs and crawled into my own bed with the lavender-purple blanket covering my entire body except my feet. I surely needed a rest after what had just happened!

In my dream, I was lying on a hard piece of metal with my feet up in the air and crossed. They were bound together by a tight, slivery rope, and I had duct tape over my eyes. The metal under my back felt cold and slippery from water dripping overhead. “Dink, dink, DINK!” went the dripping water as I listened for any sign of life in this creepy blackness. I felt absolutely helpless in this state and felt like letting out a moan. Something in my head said, “If you do that, you’ll wake him!” The voice sounded like an old Englishman who’d had way too much wine. Wake who? I thought to myself in my dream. My feet suddenly dropped and landed with the loudest thud you could ever imagine. The voice said, “No, you idiot! You woke him up!”

“WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?” I shouted with boiling anger. My teeth were bared at the air where I imagined the invisible voice being. Suddenly, I heard the thunder-like steps of a real-life giant.

“UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH!” It shouted at me as it grabbed me up in the air and hurled me sideways. I crashed into a wall and began to helplessly fall down. And down. And down some more. The fall felt horrific; I felt as though I were about to throw up every second. Suddenly, however, I felt a sharp nudge on my left shoulder, and I was suddenly back in my bed with the lavender cover over my body.

“Wake UP!” My mom shouted at me I suddenly bolted up and stared at her.

“What?” I asked her in a shaken yet sleepy voice.

“The ‘body’ you found was just a bunch of beat-up fish. Why someone would beat up a bunch of fish I have no idea. I packed up a bunch of clothes for you. Gerard wants you to leave this house immediately. If you have anything further to pack, please pack it now.” She then stumbled out of my room. She definitely had become a lot less mobile in the past two months, but I was just beginning to realize it now. I guess it happened so gradually that it was unnoticeable to me until I saw her stumbling just now. She sure was getting a bit old. I didn’t know her exact age, but it seemed like she was in her late sixties. That’s what she seemed like, anyway.

I trudged out of bed and glanced around the room. The clock in my room flashed 6:38 P.M. Holy crap! I’d been asleep for that long? It felt merely like a half an hour, not twelve! I wonder where Gerard was. Was he even still in this house? I had to hurry up and pack whatever else I wanted to pack with me for vacation—and probably the rest of the tour and whatever came after that—so I looked around my room for something to pack it in. I found a gigantic mud-brown paper bag about two feet high and a foot wide and decided to use that. It was just what I needed—something huge. What would I pack, though?

First, I found a few books that had sounded interesting, but I didn’t get a chance to read them. Included were Grave Sight by Charlaine Harris, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows by J.K. Rowling (I had this one bookmarked in the middle where I’d left off,) and To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. All these books fit into the gigantic paper bag, and I could fit even more of whatever else I wanted.

I then skimmed my closet for the Christmas presents I had bought everyone, but they weren’t even in there! My mom knew about them, though, so she must’ve already packed them. I don’t see how they would get lost, since I’d just seen them in there last night while I was searching for the stuff to bring the Jackson’s..I hope they were packed..

That’s when I noticed the Ouja board Mom had given me a few months ago. I snatched it up and put it into the bag. It had a majestic connotation to me, and I had decided to keep it safe in the closet instead of on my dresser or something where it might had become ruined by who knows what. I made extra-sure that it would be safe in the bag and then moved on.

Before I could finish, however, I heard from the downstairs, “C’mon, Cheyenne! We have to leave now! We have a plane to catch in an hour, and the airport is going to be jammed! C’mon!” It was Gerard, and he sounded rather rushed. I descended the stairway and was in his car faster than I could count to 20. The laundry from the front had been removed, so I sat in the passenger seat next to him and placed my bag in the back.

As soon as he got in, he jabbed his keys into the engine and fired it up. It roared to life like some sort of wild, blood-thirsty animal, and we were off in seconds. “Glad we’re getting out of there,” he told me, “That guy must be nuts! He was probably the guy who abused all those fish! You must be pretty nuts to even abuse fish! Usually, animal abusers turn into killers or something. Gotta stay away from them!”

“I agree,” I told him, “Where are we going, anyway?”

“Ugh, Sorry for not telling you. We’re staying on a newly renovated island in the Atlantic. It’s about 500 miles off the coast across from South Carolina. It’ll take us four hours to get there from the airport down the road. The rest of the band is also coming, and we’re meeting them at the airport.”

“Wonderful. I’ve missed them! What’s the island called, anyway?”

“Uhhm, I forget. I’m pretty sure it was something I couldn’t even pronounce! Something beginning with a ‘K’ maybe?”

We were at the airport in less than twenty minutes. Outside was the rest of the band—Mikey, who didn’t have any glasses on (what the?) Ray with his electrifyingly awesome, chocolate-brown ‘fro, shortypants Frank with his bunches of tattoos and a lip-piercing, and Bob. Bob was just so freakin’ amazing! His lovely, breathtaking, shiny blond hair was just heart-stopping. I hate to admit this, but I once suffered from a fangirlish obsession over this guy. He is just that dang hot! I loathed that part of me, however, and tried my best to bury it deep within me. However, whenever I saw him, I was reminded horrifically of it and always felt horrendously awkward when I was anywhere near him…
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed it! Sorry for not updating in like 10 days or so, but I was on vacation and didn't have that much time to update. When I did try to update on vacation, the Internet suddenly went down.

EDIT: Sorry for the lack of paragraph separation before. I'm not used to the new version of Word I have, and on the program, it looks like the paragraphs are separated when they're not >.< It's fixed now, though.