NightCurse

Found

I woke up to the sound of sirens of police cars and ambulances and also to a dog, which wore a bright-colored vest that read, “Rescue Dog” on its back, licking my freezing face. It had jet-black fur and a dark-grey moist nose. It then began barking boisterously outside of the shed. A guy in a vest the same color as the dog’s soon appeared into my site. He had spiked chestnut hair and darkish skin. On his ears were maroon earmuffs. He began yelling something, but I couldn’t hear it.

Another guy came running, but he suddenly slipped on a patch of black ice. I glanced up and noticed how the sky was eggplant purple intermixed with bright magenta. It must’ve been morning already! It surely was an extremely cold morning, and it definitely didn’t help that I was wearing a T-shirt.

The first guy then came over to me and pulled me by the arm, though I couldn’t feel his touch. He then placed me on a gurney that sat beside the shed and strapped me in. A guy that wore a white hospital coat then pulled me into the ambulance and shut the off-white doors of it. I then immediately fell asleep on the spot, my teeth still chattering…

When I woke back up, I noticed about three needles jabbed into my arm, and the roomed smelled of bleach and fish. I was lying on a hospital bed, no doubt. In the room was a painting of a purple cat sitting in a yellow flowerpot. Its eyes were neon-green. Below the pot was grass that looked real. Above it was a blue cloudless sky with a sun like the kind you’d draw in elementary only much neater.

My body had regained much of its feeling, but my breathing was significantly staggered. My lungs also felt as if they were on fire. My throat burned but not nearly as bad as my lungs. Fatigue began to quickly consume me as I lied there on the hospital bed, and my head felt as if someone had bashed it off a rock a couple dozen times. It certainly was not a good feeling.

I glanced around the room and noticed a black TV remote on a small, ghost-white table next to my bed. It only had a few buttons, such as the cherry-red power button, gigantic aqua-blue numbers, and light-red up and down buttons for both the volume and the channels. All of the numbers were also written in Braille for blind patients. I snatched the remote off of the small table and turned it on. The first channel that came on was a local news station that was talking about sports. Sports were definitely not my thing, so I pressed the up button. The next channel was some peculiar cooking channel. They were cooking some sort of red mushy crap with yellow and white specks of egg. It definitely was something I’d never have the courage to try, even if I were paid! Yuck! I instantly changed the channel yet again; this time Southpark popped on. The show was good enough for now. I dropped the remote back on the table and began watching the TV…

Suddenly, I was in a rain forest. The dark, dense trees nearly cut off all light on the forest floor where I stood. As I walked through the thick forest, the drenched mud made a disgusting, mushy sound underneath my heals. I was wearing a grotesque Barbie-pink pair of flats that stifled my speed significantly. As the chilling rain pattered down on my body, my hair sucked the moisture up like a super-sponge, so my hair was immediately drenched. I was wearing a silvery silky dress. What an odd thing to wear in a rain forest!

The rain began to pour down much harder, and a flood had begun. I then heard a wild, growling sound coming from a distance, but I didn’t glance back. The flood had to be at least a half of a foot high now, and it was coming my way. I heard the growling once again; it sounded like some gigantic, mighty monster or something. I glanced back, but before my brain could comprehend what I had seen, the flood had knocked me off my feet! My lungs immediately began to burn before I even took my first breath! That’s when I instantly realized I must’ve been dreaming. I tried to wake myself up from this frightening dream, but nothing happened. Then, I heard the ominous snarl of the malicious beast that I had heard before. Before I was back on my feet, the beast grabbed me by the neck with its dagger-like teeth and threw me against the current. I was then sitting on my bottom, staring at the beast with the flood water running over my shoulder blades. The beast was a flame-orange and had jet-black stripes on its almost-red black; it was definitely a tiger! I tried to wake myself back up with no success. The monster then grabbed me by my leg with its teeth and threw me up like a cat toy. That’s when I was finally awoke by someone screaming my name…

It was my mom. She was finally here! She wore a baby-pink T-shirt and a black skirt, and her long, darkish hair was up in a bun. I noticed a lavender hair tie on her left wrist. In her right hand was a bunch of keys she always kept in her purse when she was going to stay somewhere for long. Ugh! Maybe I had to stay here for a few days! I definitely didn’t want to stay; the room smelled like the two worst smells ever-- bleach and fish.

“It’s time to go home!” she shouted at me. Thank GOD! “You’re going to have to miss school for the next four weeks. You have pneumonia and strep throat!”

What the… No freakin’ way! Ugh! I definitely didn’t want to miss school tomorrow! I had band tomorrow for two consecutive periods, and we were supposed to try some new music! Plus, one of my friends Stacie was supposed to have a party at the roller skating rink tomorrow, and there was no way at all I would be able to make it!

“Go get dressed, so we could leave,” she said gently with a huge smile on her face. Because my throat was in too much agony for me to reply, I just got up to go change into some clothes my mother had brought along.

The reflection in the mirror looked horrendous! My hair was disheveled and knotted horrifically, my lips were extremely dry and chapped, and my pale cheeks had turned rose-red from a fever I hadn’t noticed until now! Ugh! Good thing I wasn’t going to school tomorrow! I could NEVER be seen in public like this!

When I was dressed, I yanked and yanked at my hair to get rid of the knots, but they just wouldn’t budge for anything! My brush ended up flying out of my hand and breaking in half against the floor as it crashed down. My mother came over, scooped up the remaining pieces of the brush, and began brushing out the stubborn knots. It hurt so freakin’ bad! Then, we finally checked out and left the hospital.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not updating in so long. I haven't had a chance to do much at all this week or last due to horrible tiredness >.< Hopefully I'll be able to update more.

I am also going to update I Hate Everything About You in the next few days. I have it written out but not typed out. :D