NightCurse

Fireworks

For the rest of the next few weeks, I slept most of the time except to eat and drink. Sometimes, I didn’t even eat. Whenever I did eat, I was forced to eat vegetable soup due to its high Vitamin C count. I also felt horrifically tired, and my body ached horridly. I had to take anti-biotics every twelve hours, too, that were in pill form. The pill was tiny and beige with small purple specks. It was crushed into a cup of orange juice, so I could take it easily.

I finally began to feel better, however, and three of my new friends invited me to go shopping on the boardwalk thirty minutes away and to watch fireworks on the beach. The three friends were Melina Castillo, who had choppy, thin, short blond hair, Carly Peterson, who had milk chocolate shoulder-length hair, and Jennifer McAndrews, whose lengthy hair was a dark chestnut brown. The four of us were rather pale, except for Melina, who still wore a tan from the summer.

It surely was a chilly night that night on the boardwalk. We all wore T-shirts, and that certainly did not help. I had brought a blanket for sitting on the beach, so I wrapped myself tightly in it. It felt rather cozy compared to the brisk wind whipping down on our heads that night.

It was dark really fast, a sign that the chilling winter was coming fast. I despised winter with a passion! The snow looked beautiful and all, but I absolutely hated the frigid cold it brought. Ugh! We settled ourselves down at about 7:00, and the fireworks were going to begin at 7:30. Before the firework show, however, I glanced around to see who was out that night, but no one seemed recognizable.

That’s when Melina pointed out a cute boy with medium dark brown hair and absolutely gorgeous denim-blue eyes. He was standing at the ocean’s edge sipping a blue ICEE. We were quite far away from him, however. I had never seen him in my life but still wished he’d greet us or at least acknowledge us.

“That guy likes you, Cheyenne!” she screeched in a high-key voice.

“He does?” I asked, “But I don’t even know him!”

“His name is Jackson Reynolds, and he came here from New York. He only came here last week, but he seems like a really sweet dude. You should meet go meet him, Cheyenne!”

“I will,” I replied, “at school.” I was way to nervous right then to even move, never mind walk up to him and meet him. Then, I saw him walk this way, though it was hard to see him through the crowd of heads on the slope of the beach. When he was maybe only a hundred feet from us, he shouted, “Hey, Cheyenne!” His voice was extremely matured, so I guessed he couldn’t be any younger than sixteen. He had not a trace of facial hair, but that was wonderful! I hated facial hair and couldn’t ever imagine kissing a guy with it. I stared into his gorgeous blue eyes as they advanced forward. His medium hair swayed in the air just a tiny bit as a small gust of wind fluttered through it. His skin was a bit tan but nowhere near dark. Suddenly in the night sky, a purple and red firework sparked as I stared at him. When he was finally about a foot in front of me, he knelt down to shake my hand. When we finished shaking, he sat right down in front of me.

“I could tell Melina already told you about how I feel,” he said. I tried to move my lips, but not a syllable would protrude from my trembling lips. He was wearing some handsome cologne that smelled rather sexy. There was something more, though, that turned me on. It was something I could not identify for the life of me. It was like some magical force that had just pulled us together like a pair of magnets. Everything was happening so fast that I didn’t even notice the fireworks. I just stared at him from behind as he watched the fireworks dance violently in the night sky. Soon, however, it was the finale, and rather than dancing, they were sort of moshing together. That’s when I finally looked up at them. The vibrations sent they sent off shook my heart so much.

When the fireworks show was over, Jackson politely whispered in my ear, “Hey, let’s go to my place, Cheyenne. We could have lots of fun alone there.” I just nodded in agreement. He had mystified me, and his looks had put an obeyment spell upon my body.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed this chapter so far and that it turned out alright...