No, We Don't Come Easy

14

February 20th, 2009

"Annabelle," John groaned, dropping his hands to his shoulder. "Please give me my shoe back?" He stuck his bottom lip out and put his hands together, intertwining his fingers. He brought his hands up to his face and smiled innocently.

"No!" She screamed, while laughing, then took off running into the living room of Trent's house. Kennedy chuckled as John took off running after her, then looked over at Wendy. He bit his lip and took her hand.

"Sorry we missed Valentine's day," He smiled a little. "I would've gotten you something."

"You think I care?" She raised an eyebrow, then sighed as she heard a loud thump and a excited scream come from Annabelle. "I'll be right back."

Wendy stood from her place on the bed in Trent's room and jogged towards the living room and giggled when she saw John lying on his back, Annabelle sitting on top of him, playing with his shoe. Wendy walked slowly over to Annabelle, raised her 'tickle hands,' causing Annabelle's eyes to widen. In a second, Annabelle was on the ground in fits of giggles as Wendy attacked her. Kennedy had recently joined the fun and rested his shoulder on the wall next to him. His arms were folded across his chest and he smiled softly at Wendy and Annabelle.

"Dinner's ready," Trent mumbled from the kitchen, causing Garrett and Pat to shoot up from the couch and run to the kitchen. The rest followed, including Annabelle. Kennedy and Wendy stalked back to Trent's room.

"You know," Wendy shook her head as she sat down with Kennedy on the bed. "I'm kind of new to this whole relationship thing."

"What about Troy?" Kennedy asked.

She sighed, "I wouldn't really call that a substantial relationship, Kennedy." There was a pause, and then, "I think you're my first real, serious, relationship. I mean - if you consider this serious. I wouldn't really now."

"Hey," He shook his head, then lifted her chin. "I'm new to it, too. We'll just see how this goes."

"Okay," Wendy smiled shyly, then squeezed Kennedy's hand as he caressed her cheek. "I'm not really fit for parenting, either."

Kennedy's head shot up, "What do you mean?"

"I mean - our grandma said she'd take the kids. I'm not cut out for it - I have to worst job in the world, and I need to get out of Minnesota. Taylor and Annabelle agree with me. Not that Annabelle really knows what the hell she's talking about, but you get my point, right?"

Kennedy chuckled, "I understand. So - what are you saying, Wendy?"

"Would it be alright if I - maybe, come with you back to Arizona? Well, when your tour's over?"

Almost immediately, Kennedy's lips crashed onto Wendy's, and he pulled her head closer to his, connecting their foreheads. "Of course you can."
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Title Credit: 'Jamie All Over' by Mayday Parade

Well this was shitty.

Manda-Jamma!