Darkest Corner Of My Being

I Told You So

Vivian’s POV

Will and I slowly walked up to Dean and that new kid. I was ready to bolt in the opposite direction but Will already had a tight grip around my wrist and struggling would just make it worst. We stood in front of them, the new girl wanted to run just as much as me. Will pulled me over to her I said sorry and boy was that terrible. As soon as I said sorry I ran in the opposite direction pulling Will behind me. I was feeling so funny after I said sorry, I didn’t feel happy but I didn’t feel sad either I just felt well meh. I don’t know if that is a feeling but I was feeling it. Will picked up on this and he tried everything to make me feel better. He quoted things from shows I like in a funny voice, he pulled out his ipod and randomly started to dance but it wasn’t until he did a handstand on a bench that I really started to laugh. I told him that he will end up breaking something. I was nilly in tears when Dean walked past and pushed him over. I paused for a brief second to get my head around what just happened and then I laughed even harder until I heard Will whimper.

“Um Vivian, I heard a crack “
“What!, are you serious. I TOLD YOU SO”
“Now is not the time, help me up.”
“So….How…..ok”
“OWWWWWW, SHIT, FUCK, MOTHER FUCKER”
“Will, jeez”
Will and I walked slowly towards the sickbay. The nurse took one look at his arm as it turned out Will had a greenstick fracture along his left arm and a concussion. He had to stay at the hospital over night. I stayed there all night. Every time all noise quietened I woke with a start thinking he stopped breathing. At about two in the morning the sound of a Glock being fired woke me from my tenuous slumber. It was my not so attentive mother. She wanted to know where I was in the house.
“Are you in the fridge again?” she asked me
“Yeah mum.”
“Are you hiding behind the cheese because I can’t see you?’
“Mum are you high”
“Where’s the Doritos”
“In the pantry with Keith. Now I am not going to talk to you while you are like this call me when you come down. Bye mum.”
At that moment Will woke up.
“What’s wrong?” Will asks suddenly completely awake.
I just shook my head and slipped on my favorite fake smile.
“Nothing.”
Will leans across in his bed towards the seat I was perched on. His fingers softly rested below my chin. I froze, unsure on what in earth’s name he thought he was doing. Slowly his thumb brushed over my cheek to catch a warm, salty tear that had slipped from the corner of my eye without my noticing.

I couldn’t take it any longer. Every emotionally taxing thing I’ve had to experience with my poor drug addicted mother suddenly reached me. More silent tears slipped from my eyes. Silence encases the room as everything hits me. Our movements are completely and flawlessly in sync, I move from my chair to crawl up beside Will at the same moment he opens his arms to hold me softly. No words pass between us. My hand lies against his chest and I feel myself calm to the steady rhythm of his heart.

Suddenly irrational anger hits me, this is my mother’s fault. She should know better. My tears start to burn my skin slightly as they freeze on my skin. Will’s grasp tightens. We still stay silent. The tinkling of shards of ice hitting the polished white floors of the hospital below being the only noise to be heard in the room filled with soundless comfort being passed between Will and I.

Finally my anger calms. My eyelids droop as sleep creeps in. Will’s breath steadies as he himself gives in to unconsciousness. A sense of peace and serenity follows me until I finally lose my battle against sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Its getting better. Comment ,subcribe. WE WANT YOUR FEED BACK!!!!!!!!!!!