Let's Fade Away

Chapter 4

I heard the faint beeping as I awoke.

I was in a hospital. Mason was sitting in a chair listening to his ipod, a worried look on his face.

He realized I was awake, and jerked the earbuds out of his ears.

"Blaire," he said, getting on his knees next to the bed,"I'm so glad you're awake!"

"What day is it?" I asked, feeling like there was something special about this day in particular...

"That doesn't matter," he said.

"Just tell me what damn day it is," I said, annoyed by the fact that he wouldn't tell me what day it was.

"It's March 17th," He said, an unsure look on his face.

"It's your birthday. I got in the hospital on your birthday," I said, guilt striking every inch of my 5'4 body.

"Blaire, technically you got in the hospital 2 days before my birthday. The doctors said you somehow dehydrated, which you couldn't have if I gave you water...I don't know."

"Dehydration?"

"That's what they said," he said, turning to hit the nurses button.

I leaned my head back into the pillow. I hated hospitals. I haven't told Mason that I have been in hospitals so many times I couldn't count.

I told him I was abused, not that I was abused to the point I had been put in hospital's undenying care more that fifty times.

Bryan used to be late for so many band practices, one being the gig that got them famous, but he explained the situation and the guy signing them understood, a sweet man.

The nurse came in and released me. She took the IV out and I left. Mason drove me to the hotel, the only instructions for me was to drink liquids. What else would I drink? I mean comeon, you can't drink solids! I always hated doctors saying that.

"When...you were...abused...did you go to the hospital alot?" Mason asked, truely curious. He looked concerned.

"Y-y-yeah. Too many times to count," I said, playing with my fingers.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Blaire. I-I just want...to be the best out of all the other guy's you've met, I just want to be special and wonderful in your eyes, because I'm not like that in everyone elses.
Trace, Blake, Ant, and I put Metro Station together thinking that all we'd get are one night stands because of the music we played and the venues we played at, but I'm the only one from the band who has a relationship lasting more than 3 days. I want to be with you forever, and I want you to feel that way about me, so tell me now if I should stop trying to care for you, although that's an extremly hard task that's easier said than done."

"Mason, you shouldn't be worried about me not wanting to be with you forever, because if I didn't want to be this close to you then I would've left you a long time ago. Mason, it's not funny how much I love you, and it would break my heart to stop."

"I'm glad, because I'm not leaving anytime soon."

Those words stuck in my head.

Those words of reassurance in my darkest hour,

the beating to my heart,

the blood to my veins.

'I love you'.
♠ ♠ ♠
I forgot to put the birthday chapter up.

Mason is now 20 :|

It's gonna be difficult....Very difficult.
x]
-B