Let's Fade Away

Chapter 5

FF--a couple months later;; Kayla's due date's almost here, btw :)--

We were at the hotel, Mason had gone to eat breakfast with his band and Boys Like Girls, but they left all the girls; Hayley, Nikki, Kayla, and me; behind. They told us that we needed our beauty sleep for the dinner event we had tonight.

"Kayla, we haven't planned your wedding at ALL," Nikki said, surprised.

"I already know the three girls who are gonna be my bridesmaides..." Kayla said, looking around.

"Who!?!" Hayley said, she really didn't grasp the concept that Kayla was talking about us.

"You guys, silly heads!" Kayla said, rubbing her stomach.

"Do you think you should wait until after the baby is born to have the wedding?" I asked her, making sure that she had covered that base.

"I want to get married after, you know, since I'm almost due and all. After I get over that, drop a few pounds, get a nanny, then I can have the wedding, but thanks for helping me plan it," she said, smiling.

"No problem, I don't mind it at all!" I said, pulling my laptop out. I googled wedding dresses, to find some websites to find her a dress and for bridesmaid dresses.

I found a beautiful dress and bridesmaid dresses.

Kayla liked them, but said we should go see if it was only pretty online.

We got in our car and drove to the bridal store that had the dresses in stock (Kayla was going to wait to do anything) and I texted Mason. I let him know where we were, and if he wanted to swing by he could.

We found the dresses, and our petite sizes, then went to the dressing rooms to change. I got into the dress and the shoes and walked out with the other girls. Kayla was primping the dresses, making sure that it wasn't an illusion.

"They. Are. Beautiful."

"I tell you, I am sooooo not renting these, I'm gonna own it!" Nikki said. We all laughed and agreed.

I heard the bell for the door, but I didn't turn, because I thought it'd be another bride to be, so we went back to talking. I was busy fiddling with Kayla's dress to be that I was showing her when I felt two arms wrap around my waist. I turned and saw Mason's chin on my shoulder, along with his perfect features.

"The dresses are pretty, it's gonna be a summer wedding?" Mason asked, obviously thinking that we were going to have the wedding in the spring.

"We're gonna wait till the baby pops out, then after Kayla loses baby fat..." I said, Kayla laughing at the last remark. Mason turned and saw Bryan getting out of his car. His eyes got big.

"Come on, hide the dress," Mason said, grabbing my hand, then pushing Hayley and Nikki into different dressing rooms, then pulled me into another.

"That was close," I said, standing on my tip toes to see Bryan talking to Kayla. I smiled, seeing her laughing.

"Blaire, that baby is gonna pop out any minute," Mason said looking down at me, worry striking every inch of his face.

"I know, I'm worried for Bryan. I don't think he'll be able to handle it."

"What do you mean?"

"You've never seen Baby Mama, have you?" I asked, laughing.

"No? Why?"

"We're watching it when we get back to the hotel," I said, smiling.

"Okay?" He asked, smiling.

"So, Mr. Twenty-Year-Old..."

"You promised not to call me that." He said, laughing.

"I couldn't help myself, I had to at least once," I smiled again.

"Okay, just once, because I love you," He said, kissing my nose.

"Yay! Macho Man Mason loves me!" I said, laughing.

"I forgot about that silly nickname," He said, smiling and kissing the top of my head.

"You did?"

"Blaire, I've got something on my mind..." He said, changing the subject.

"What is that?" I asked. He rubbed my stomach.

"Why does your stomach get big when you get pregnant?" he asked, seriously.

"Are you kidding me?" I asked, chuckling.

"No."

"You must've skipped Health classes then..."

"Maybe," he said, blushing. I smiled.

"Because there's a BABY in our stomach, it's not gonna stay flat if you've got a baby in there!" I said laughing.

"Then...I've got...an announcement...I'm pregnant," Mason said, seriously. I started laughing, and he did too.

"Your laugh is pretty," he said.

"Is that why you make me laugh so much?"

"Partly," He said, smiling.

"What's the reason then?"

"Because I love to see you happy."