Let's Fade Away

Chapter 7

-2 Months later-

The tour was halfway over, which was sad. Mason and I were sitting in a hotel room in Charlottesville, Virginia while we waited for any news on food. I got a call from Kayla.

"Hello?"

"Blaire! Hurry up! Get to UVA now!" She said, rushed and halfway screaming.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm in labor!" She said, painfully. My jaw dropped and Mason immediately looked over.

"We'll be right there, does Bryan know?"

"Yeah, he's with me, hurry!" She said, proceeding to hang up on me. I looked over at Mason's worried face.

"It's time!" I said, smiling and running out of the room. The hospitial was next door, so we just ran over. I ran immediately to the main desk.

"Ma'am?" I said, calling her attention without being rude. After she turned I asked her where the birthing floor was. She told me the floor number and we ran to the elevator. I hit the up arrow and tapped my foot impatiently. Mason grabbed my hand, as if to tell me to calm down, and we both rushed in. I hit the correct number on the wall and we waited to go up. Thank goodness no one else had to get on at other floors, because I was about to releash all hell. I ran into the main lobby of the birthing unit and went to the main desk.

"Excuse me," I said, relaxing a little,"My sister in law is in labor, is there anyway I can go back to see her?"

"What's her name?" Said the elderly receptionist.

"Kayla-"

"She's about to be a Donahue?"

"Yes, her," I said, smiling.

"She's already given birth. You can go back to see her. Room 143."

My jaw dropped. "Thank you, Ma'am."

Mason and I took off running to the baby room. There was a little girl sitting on the scale, bawling her eyes out.

"Excuse me," Mason said getting the attention of the nurses,"Who gave birth to that little girl?"

"Umm," She said, looking at a clipboard,"Kayla and Bryan...that's all I have."

"That's all we need, thank you." Mason said smiling. He grabbed my hand and looked at the little girl. Bryan walked over and tapped me on my shoulder. He looked like a mess, like a new father. I smiled at him.

"Take a look at your new baby girl, Donahue." I said, smiling. He hugged me. He was crying.

"I wish mom and dad were here to see this," He said, burrowing his head in my shoulder. I rubbed his back. I looked at Mason. Bryan had never voiced anything about our parents after their death, especially about missing them. I was taken aback.

"Don't worry, they do see this. This is a miracle from God, I'm sure mom and dad are proud of you." I said, upping his spirits.

"Can you stay here with Kayla while I go get stuff from the hotel. It may take a while."

"Go ahead."

"Thank you Blaire. Thank you Mason," He said, hugging Mason also. Mason congratulated him. Bryan ran down the hallway, stopping at the gift shoppe.

"After he leaves the gift shoppe we should get Kayla some flowers." Mason said, nudging me.

"I was thinking that also." I said, taking pictures with my phone. I was an aunt. And it felt so good.

"So, how do you feel seeing your niece?" Mason said, smiling.

"How do you feel seeing YOUR niece?" I said, seeing the elation on Mason's face as he remembered he promised to marry me.

"Happier than ever," He said, smiling at the baby. Bryan left and we ran to get a beautiful arrangement of daisies for Kayla before heading to her room. We approached her door and Mason knocked lightly on it.

"Come in," Kayla said. We walked in, me holding the flowers. Mason went over and hugged Kayla.

"She's beautiful, congrats," He said, smiling. I hugged her too, her smiling.

"Mason, could you go and take some pictures for me?" Kayla said, handing him her camera.

"Sure thing, Blaire you got the fort?" He asked before leaving.

"Yeah, all under control," I said, smiling. He left, shutting the door behind him.

"He seems excited, Blaire." She said smiling.

"He realized that he's technically an uncle now," I said, smiling.

"Blaire, he wants to marry you now," She said, smiling.

"I know, I just think he's trying to make the engagement a surprise to all of us. Considering it's only August..."

"I think he want's to be romantic about it," She said, smiling,"Bryan's was out of whim, so that his uncle and aunt didn't kill him. I didn't care. All I wanted was a family, and now I'm the happiest woman on Earth."

I smiled. It was so cute.

"Blaire, I want you to know that I'm jealous of how Mason treats you. I wish Bryan treated me like that when we were just dating. He's come around now that we're engaged." I smiled.

"Bryan's just a little slow. Don't worry though. That means he really loves you." I said, happy.

"Hey ladies, I got the pictures," Mason said, walking through the door. I smiled. That's my smooth talking idiot. Whom I love deeply.

"Thank you Mason, I wanted to beat the system and see her..." She said, retrieving the camera from Mason. She smiled.

"What did you name her?" I asked, curious.

"Taylor Faith." She said, smiling.

Mason and I's mouths dropped. Taylor for his middle name Tyler, and Faith - my middle name. We both smiled. I hugged Kayla, Mason not short after.

"I decided the Faith part...Bryan wanted Taylor because of Mason's middle name."

Mason smiled. Bryan really liked him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Charlottesville is where I saw Paramore, Relient K, and fun....so of course I had to encorperate that...
and also I had extra ribs removed at UVA hospital, so it's very close to my heart.

I live close to Charlottesville too, so BAM.