Raised By Wolves

Stuck Forver

"I am an obomination to this country. I deserve to die. I am a bitch..." My voice wavered as I receited the long list they gave to us every day three times. It took me at least an hour.. I didn't have a watch so i wouldn't know. The room they took us in to read the large escribed paper was in our showers. They sprayed water on us for thirty seconds, as if that did any good to our smell or hygein. Once my group was done they forced the wolves to transform and then we were kicked back into our cages. I was the only vampire in the whole building. They said i was the only one left, but that didn't give me any special privaledges. I was treated the same as anyone else. There weren't as many wolves around anymore.. Not since the war.. I was born in this cage, and probably would die here as well. The elders used to talk of the old days all the time. The way it was before, when we were a free people, and no one sought us out and killed us. That is, before they were killed.

I felt already dead. Dead of spirit, and of everything. This wasn't the life that i dreamed of when i fell asleep in my straw kennel to the sounds of other wolves breathing. I tried to be brave, but everything fled when they killed my family - my hope, my dreams. I was left with the empty shell of what i used to be. I was 15, today. The little etched lines in my wood floor said so. Every day had been counted since i was old enough to understand. I had used anyting available at the time to scratch the tiny marks. I was too weak to use my fingers, so i used a fork that i had smuggled and hidden in my hay that outlined my kennel.

Today is also the reunion of the death of my parents and brothers. But it was like any other day, remorse and sorrow filled.

The scents of raw meat and death filled my nose. Huge kenells lined up in every inch of space available. We were only here for expirements, or for pets for the humans. I wasn't allowed to be taken. People wanted me - as a trohpy. Or for some important persons bed. In a way im glad they dont allow me to be taken, i never want to be there for someone else's plessure. Especially not a humans.

A huge door on the other side of the room opened. A man walked in followed by a man and woman. Speak of the devil. A younger boy, a teenager of around 17 shuffled in, eyeing his surroundings like we were freaks. I guess to them, we were.

"Whats that smell?" The woman said loudly, waving her hand infront of her nose. She didn't need to be answered as she followed the older man's eyes to the piles of crap surrounding our cages. "Ew thats so gross. Dylan, are you sure you dont want a dog instead of one of these flea ridden mutts?" The boy, 'Dylan', grunted in reply. They began slowly walking around the cages inspecting the half-dead wolves.

I let out a low growl as they passed by my cage. The manager of this place kicked my cage. He had a full head of white hair, and wrinkles covered his face. It didn't matter if he had the look that said, 'grandpa'. He was still the devil. My own personal devil at that matter. "Dont make me kill you."
"You can try." I spat.
The boy dodged my spit that flew at towards his feet, cringing. "Your parents begged me when i was through with them. They cried and begged us, like the bitches they are." I gritted my teath. "Today was the day.. Wasn't it?" He smirked, evily. "Want to know how we killed them? We ripped them apart. Slowly." I snapped.

I began growling like a maniac. And something happend -my fangs started to extend. The shocked expressions of everyone was satisfaction enough, but i wasn't done. The poisons they fed me through needles and injections would never hold me in this cage. I gripped the cage bars tightly, and the woman and dylan began to back away. And they slowly began pulling apart. I gritted my teath and suddenly it was like all my strength failed me and back-fired. I collapsed in a heap, passing out. I tried to fight the fear that was beginning to consume me. Instead, i allowed the blackness to swollow me in its deathly grip. I could just hear the last words of the astonished teen, Dylan. "I want her."

I had no dought that they would give me to him, i was after all a problem now.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think?! =D

~Bridget<3