‹ Prequel: Weather Patterns.
Status: Finished 4/08/2009. Do not read this. Please.

The Stars Are Fading Away

Chapter Eleven.

Natural disasters when she cries
Green eyes
They're mine
It's only a matter of time


I don't know how long I cried, or slept. When I woke up it was dark again, a little past 6pm. My phone ringing.

It was Wren.

I clicked ignore and dragged myself out of bed to take a shower. I wish I could just wash the last 24 hours away.

When I got back from the bathroom, my phone was ringing again. It was Mason this time.

I almost felt relieved. I had almost called Mason about 500 times.

I sat down on my bed and stared at the phone. I let it ring until the answering machine picked up. Then I picked up.

"Hi."

"Hey, Amber, I was wondering… Amber, are you okay?" I had burst into tears again.

"No. Can you come over?" I managed to choke out.

"Which room are you?"

"Up the stairs on the right. Room 166."

"I'll be right there."

"Thank you," I whispered, and hung up. I curled up on my bed again and waited. I heard a knock on my door. I didn't want to get up, bit I did. I opened the door and collapsed into Mason's arms, crying.

He pulled me over to my desk chair and sat down, sitting me on his lap. He rubbed my back and stayed silent, waiting for me to stop crying.

When I finally calmed down, he looked worried.

"Are you okay? What the hell happened, Amber?"

I grabbed a kleenex from the desk. "He– he…" I couldn't say it. I felt like saying it out loud would make it real.

"Please tell me, Amber."

I opened a Word document on my computer. I hesitated before typing. I bit my lip. I knew I had to get it out. I started typing.

I think he raped me.

Mason's eyes widened and his mouth dropped open. His arms tightened around me.

"No." His voice was no more than a whisper.

I kept typing.

I told him to stop, but he kept going.

A sob escaped me throat.

He took my virginity.

I looked at Mason's face, and he was furious. It scared me. I buried my face in his chest and sobbed again. Every muscle in his body was tense.

"Don't be mad… Please don't be mad," I sobbed.

"Don't be mad? Amber, what he did to you, he– he–" Mason's jaw clenched. "I can't believe this." He pulled me off his lap and got up. He started pacing the room.

"I can't just do nothing. I'm getting Bryce, Coby and Derrick and we're going to—"

"NO! No, Mason, you can't Please, please…" I had launched my self out of the chair towards him. I fell on my knees in front of him and sobbed.

Mason kneeled in front of me and took my face in his hands. He looked me straight in the eye.

"You can't let him keep doing this. I can't let him keep doing this. I can't do nothing anymore."

I kept crying. I shook my head back and forth. "No, please."

"Amber, you have to leave him."
♠ ♠ ♠
Lyrics are from Time by Cute is What We Aim For.