‹ Prequel: Weather Patterns.
Status: Finished 4/08/2009. Do not read this. Please.

The Stars Are Fading Away

Chapter Eighteen.

But I'm too scared to say
The things worth saying


I leaned my head against Mason's chest, taking deep breaths and calming myself down. When I was breathing normally, I looked up.

"I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have done that. I, of all people, should know not to hurt people who care about me. I just get so angry, and then I take it out on you because I know you won't hurt me."

"That's understandable."

"It's unfair to you."

"It's unfair that you have to go through this. Life isn't fair."

I sighed and leaned my forehead on his chest again. "I'm so tired." I said, closing my eyes.

"Want to go to sleep?"

"Mmhm…"

I hardly remember changing into pajamas, drifting off to sleep instantly. Everything that happened today was catching up to me, and I was exhausted.

When I woke up Mason was still asleep. I tried not to stare at him, so he wouldn't wake up. I heard a knock at the door which surprised me. I didn't want to get up, so just yelled for them to come in.

Derrick came in, looking nervous.

"Hey, Amber."

"Hi." I sighed. I was still drained from last night.

"You look like you need a hug," he said, opening his arms.

I smiled a little and walked into him. He rested his cheek against the top of my head comfortingly. He pulled away after a minute.

"Thanks, Derrick."

He nodded. "You needed it," he said, smiling.

"I did," I said, going to sit on the bed. He sat beside me. The jostling didn't seem to affect Mason.

"You know, he's not the only one who cares about you."

"What?"

"I know Bryce and Coby do, and you're like a little sister to me."

"Aww," I said, smiling widely.

He chuckled. "Not trying to be cheesy, but you can talk to me about stuff if you need it."

"Thank you. You guys are really great friends." I stared over at the wall absentmindedly, but my thoughts were interrupted by Derrick.

"You two really aren't… doing anything?"

I laughed and shook my head. "Nope. I am not having sex with Mason."

"Hmm. I didn't really think you were."

"You thought correctly."

There was a moment of silence. "He cares about you a lot."

"I know."

"Like really, really a lot."

I smiled. "I know."

There was more silence, and when I looked at him, he was looking at Mason.

"Don't stare at him. He'll wake up."

Derrick laughed. "Oh yeah, I remember that time–"

"I don't need details."

He laughed again and slung an arm around my shoulders. "You still look like something's bothering you."

"I'm that obvious?"

"Yes. Your not very good at hiding your emotions."

I sighed. "It's really complicated. But thanks."

"Okay," he said, getting up. He didn't push it, and I appreciated it. I noticed his eyes lingered on a bruise in my arm, but he didn't say anything.

"I'm gonna go eat breakfast. You look like you could use some more sleep."

"I could. Night-night."

He chuckled and walked out, closing the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey lovers, you should read my journal. FOR REALS. It's got some important stuff there.

I'm going to start updating per comment. One comment = one update. Just FYI.
Sorry this is really short and filler-ish, but it needed to get out of the way. I promise something will happen in a couple chapters or maybe next chapter.

Lyrics are from Walk On Water Or Drown by Mayday Parade. Listen to ittt.

Image
Image
~WhiteTigress56