‹ Prequel: Weather Patterns.
Status: Finished 4/08/2009. Do not read this. Please.

The Stars Are Fading Away

Chapter Three.

You said you meant it
But if it's true then tell me how we got this way


I woke up the next morning with my head aching. I got up and stumbled to the bathroom to take a shower without looking at the clock. When I got back to my room, I realized it was 5:51 in the morning. I groaned and collapsed into bed, but of course I couldn't sleep after taking a shower. I grabbed my iPod from the bedside table and put it on shuffle. The music worked, and I started drifting off to sleep.

When I woke up my iPod was still playing. I quickly turned it off and looked at the clock. 8:46. A decent time to get up. I pulled a sweatshirt over my head and walked down to the cafeteria. As I poured myself some Lucky Charms, Grace walked down, bleary eyed. Her eyes widened when she saw my face.

"Wow, Amber, that fall must have hurt!" she exclaimed.

"Um… Yeah, it did." I sighed and added milk to my cereal.

"Do you want me to help me cover it up? It looks like someone punched you in the face!"

I winced. "Sure, I guess."

"Cool." She started back up the stairs muttering about why did she come down here, she wasn't hungry.

I laughed a little. Grace was ditzy sometimes, but I loved her anyways.

I put away my dishes and walked back up the stairs. I changed out of my pajamas and walked down to the bathroom to brush my teeth. Grace was there, and she beckoned me over.

"Here," she said, motioning for me to face her. She started brushing something on my face and I winced as she touched my bruise.

"Sorry…" she murmured. "Done."

I looked at my face in the mirror. The bruise looked faded, it was too dark to get rid of completely. I sighed and started brushing my hair.

"Got any plans for today?" Grace asked.

"Yup. I'm hanging out with Wren and his friends."

"Oh. Okay. Maybe we can do something tomorrow!" She smiled.

"Sure." I smiled too. I didn't want to do anything with Wren that day. I was already dreading him and his friends.

I walked back to my room. I went back to my bed and curled up again. I starting thinking about Wren again, and without realizing it I fell asleep.

I woke up to my phone ringing. Wren again.

"Hello."

"Hey, Amber. So I'm picking you up at 11:30?"

I looked at the clock. It was already 11:15

"Oh shit! I fell back asleep, the phone woke me up."

"Oh…" He didn't seem disappointed, more like he didn't know what to say. "Do you still want to come?"

"Um…" I bit my lip. I really didn't, but I probably should. "Yeah sure, I'll be ready. You can still come at 11:30."

"Okay. I'll be there. Bye."

"I love you," I whispered, but he had already hung up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lyrics are from Mixed Tape by Jack's Mannequin. I shuffled them around a little so they made sense… whatever, sue me.