‹ Prequel: Weather Patterns.
Status: Finished 4/08/2009. Do not read this. Please.

The Stars Are Fading Away

Chapter Thirty-Five.

You were everything that's bad for me
Make no apology


I woke up with sunlight streaming through the window. I rolled over, and the spot beside me was still warm, meaning Mason had not gotten up too long ago. I sat up, yawning. My throat searing when I did so, almost making me gag. I coughed a couple times, wondering if they had given me any pain meds.

I swung my legs over the edge of the bed, walking into the kitchen. The newspaper was spread out over the table, and Coby, Bryce and Mason were all staring absentmindedly at one section or another. All of them were brain-dead when they woke up.

I poured myself cereal and sat in the chair next to Mason. He was holding a cup of coffee in two hands and staring at the same place on the page, his eyes not moving at all. I waved my hand in front of his face, and it took him a couple seconds to register the movement.

“Wha?”

“Did they give me any medication?”

He yawned and nodded, getting up to rummage around in the bathroom. He emerged with a prescription bottle, which he tossed to me. I read the directions, then swallowed two, hoping they worked quickly.

When I was done with breakfast, I went back into Mason’s room. I checked my phone and there was one new text from Grace, asking where I was. I told her I was at Mason’s house. I wondered how much she knew, or if Mason had even told her anything.

There was still nothing from Wren. I had no idea what I was expecting. I sat on the couch, staring out the window.

I’d never really processed what was actually out the window, though I’d looked outside many times. Snow covered the ground, rising in drifts. There were a couple trees in the back corner of the yard, which was not very far from the house. It was located on a very small plot of land, barely fitting, but leaving a little space. The remaining yard was fenced with chain link, giving it an unwelcome feel, even through the window. The yard was pretty empty, obvious that no one really went back there. It gave me a peaceful feeling.

I think I drifted off, because I woke up with a start. There were loud noises coming from the front room. Shouting.

I immediately got up, running into the front room. I sensed that there was something wrong.

I threw open the door, and saw Derrick and Mason standing with their backs towards me, a bewildered Coby off to the side. Mason was talking quickly, and Derrick kept cutting him off. I couldn’t really understand what they were saying; my brain wasn’t working fast enough.

My gaze moved over Mason and Derrick’s shoulders, and I saw Wren standing in the doorway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated in forever. And sorry this is so short. I'm probably going to update again on Sunday.

Lyrics are from All Again For You by We the Kings.

The end is soon. Dos mas. :O.
I love you all <3.