Let the Flames Begin

Chapter 5

"Oh? To know me," I said.

"Yeah. I really like you so far, but I don't want to make rash descions," He said with a 'who am I kidding?' look on his face.

"Well I'm basically normal," I stated simply.

"Favorite color?"

"Green, yours?"

"I kinda like red."

"Okay, don't you think this is a little stupid?"

"Not really, but we'll wait to do this. I really just wanted to have some alone time with you," He said, blushing.

"Well I'm glad. I'd love to spend some time with you Ryan," I said smiling. He smiled back down and grabbed my hand and kissed it.

"You know, I haven't known you for long, but I really like you," He said, his lips brushing against my knuckles.

I sighed.

"Are you okay?" He asked, looking up.

"It's just alot of girl drama. I'll talk to Kelsei about it, it's nothing you should be worried about though," I said, lying.

"You know, lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off," He said smiling.

"But it's better if you do," I said, showing off my PATD knowlege.

"Very good," He said kissing my forehead. He pulled me into a hug on the sidewalk, and I curled into his chest, considering how cold it was.

"Ryan!" Brendon exclaimed, his face falling.

"What?" Ryan asked, obviously clueless.

"What are you doing!?!" He demanded.

"What do you mean by that?" Ryan asked.

"I like Riley!" He said pointing at me, still curled into Ryan's chest.

"I like her, too, Brendon!" He said, his chin on top of my head. It then became a verbal fight.

I left.

"Where are you going, Riley?"

"I'm getting away from you guys! I'm not worth you guys fighting over and possibly ending one of my favorite bands! I'm done! I won't like either one of you!"

"But-But you have to--"

"No, Brendon, I don't. I give up. I'm not as perfect as you're making me out to be. I'm not worth it, I know I'm not," I said running into the office.

Brendon's Pov

After that comment, it showed me. I only thought she was attractive, and didn't get to know her.

Ryan deserves her.

But that doesn't mean I won't be friends with her, and I will get to know her at some point.

Ryan's POV

I wanted to run after her.

I wanted to tell her she was worth it.

I wanted to tell her she was perfect.

I wanted to tell her she doesn't know how much she is valued.

I wanted to tell her she shouldn't give up.

I wanted to tell her I loved her.

Already.

I've had problems with past relationships because I jump into them, and love the girl from the start.

I'm not ruining this one.

So I stood stupidly on the sidewalk.

Watching what could be the girl of dreams run into the office, crying.

I screwed up massively making that descion to stand there like an idiot.