You Don't Need Superpowers

Saige's POV

I fell back on the bed and sighed. "It's just so perfect." I smiled broadly, staring at the chandelier above me. I felt a weight fall down beside me, and I reached out to grab Gustav's hand. "Hey, missie. Don't be grabbing my hand!" Tom laughed.

"Hey! Get out of my room!" I mocked him, shoving him off the bed.

"But wait, can... um... can we talk?"

"About what?"

"I- um, I don't know... if I'm gonna be a good dad. I mean, look at me. I'm not even supportive of my own friends. Just Ann and Bill. I'm never gonna be around because of all the tours, and, I mean... really."

"Tom. Calm down. You know that love and devotion you have for Ann?" He nodded. "You'll have that same feeling for your kid. I promise. I didn't know I was ready to get married, but here I am!" He looked relieved, and I held his hands out in front of me. "Trust me. That kid will be glad when you're home, and when you're not, all you have to do is write him. Or email him, seeing as it's easier."

"Yeah... yeah. Yeah!" A smile appeared on his face. "Thank you so much!" He ran off, and I laughed to myself. Good thing I didn't let it slip. Let what slip? You'll have to wait till after the wedding. Really, you will. Okay, I'll tell you. Well, you know how I was going out with Skyler, earlier in my history and such? Well, umm, I got pregnant, and i gave it into foster care and my mom said I couldn't have him back until I was married. She wanted the kid to have a real dad. And so did I.

"Saige, what are you thinking about?" Ann asked, coming into my room.

"I don't know how to tell him."

"Tell wh- ohh. That."

"I know. How am I suppose to tell my soon-to-be husband that I have a kid from the assole of the century? And that he's supposed to raise him!?"

"Raise who?" Tom asked, coming into the room.

"Noone. Get out."

"YOu helped me, let me help you."

"YOu suck at secrets. Go away."

"Bu-"

"Go." I said, a slight annoyance tinging my voice. He left and I turned back to Ann.

"Well, I think you should tell him now. I mean, if he really loves you, he'll still marry you. Even through all of that."

"All of what?" Gustav asked, walking in.

"Umm..." I bit my lip, nervous. Ann mouthed 'go' and left. "YOu have a kid."

"YOu're pregnant?"

"No. Um, remember how I told you about Skyler? Well, it's his kid. He didn't want anything to do with it, so I put it in foster care."

"I'm sorry."

"YOu won't marry me, will you."

"No, I'm sorry that all of the money I make can't go solely to you." he smiled at me and my heart leapt with joy.

"Thank you so much. I love you."

"I love you too, baby. Um, we're not going to tell the kid about Skyler. As far as he knows, you're his biological father."

"Okay, I guess. I'd rather tell it, but-"

"No. If you want to tell it, we can tell it."

"So, um, what's it's name?"

"Um his name is Harry. Harry Damien Lloyd."

"Lloyd?"

"My last name didn't sound right."

"Could we give him mine?" Harry Damien Schafer. I like it.

I nodded. "I love you so much."

"I love you too, baby."
♠ ♠ ♠
awe, cute.
i would never want that to happen.

but, bria will have an interesting chapter coming up,
so looklooklook.
;]