I Find Myself in You

Finally Clean

"Are you sure this will work," I asked worriedly as all our eyes were glues to the computer screen. Any minute now, Perez Hilton would be blogging about the scandal Miley was supposed to have told him about, clearing my name and showing the world that Jesse cheated on me, not the other way around. We have figured Perez would be the best way to get it out there, but I was nervous as hell, I couldn't lie. Would she even go through with it? I mean, this would completely ruin her reputation. And how many more chances were the Disney execs going to give her before she got cut loose? "This has bad idea written all over it. Why did I even agree to this?"

Joe rolled his eyes. "So you can move on with your life. You don't need to be weighed down by Jesse anymore."

"And it'll work. Miley won't let you down," Nick said, his attention on his phone as he waited for a bing telling him it was time. I could tell he was really hoping his words were right.

"I can't believe this is it," I sighed. "Finally everyone will know what a jackass he was, and my name will be clear. God, could you imagine if everyone thought I was a slut? I'm sure that one would fly well with my mom."

Joe laughed. "Think of it this way, she'd have an easier time getting you roles as a prostitute. Come to think of it, that might fit you better."

I scoffed and smacked his arm, laughing. "Jerk."

He smirked and opened his mouth to say something but was cut off as Nick's phone buzzed. He checked the text. "He posted it," he said. Joe quickly refreshed Perez's page. And we all froze. Right at the top was a picture of me, Miley, and Jesse at some event we had gone to before this all happened. I was standing between them. In bold letters was the title Why Don't You Tell Him That You're Leavin', Never to Come Back Again... the Cheating Bastard. Perez had drawn things on both Miley and Jesse. Under the picture was the blog:

What was always a seemingly perfect BFF friendship turned to ashes when the tween popstar wannabe kissed our favorite star's hubby JMac. Miley told us the whole scoop in a private interview with us. What you were thinking J, we will never know. As for Lainey, our hearts go out to you. You're still the best. And we better get some kiss ass songs out of this! Maybe you should stick to the guys who'll treat you right. We hear Joe Jonas is still single (just a little tip) even if the ex-BFF supposedly snagged the youngest of the Jonai. And we thought better of you Nick (tsk tsk) click here for the whole interview with the backstabbing best friend.

My jaw was open, practically on the floor by the time I finished. I couldn't believe it. I was finally free. It was done. Miley had actually done it for me. She had finally set the record straight and I was finally going to tell Jesse to go to hell. I was grinning. Joe refreshed the page. "There should be responses by now," he said. And sure enough, there were. I read amazedly as almost every response downplayed Jesse and said they still loved me. I was so happy, I hugged Joe. "Oh my God, thank you so much!"

'I didn't do anything," he reminded me pointedly as he handed me his phone.

I sighed. He knew me too well. And he knew what was right too well. "Fine," I mumbled and dialed Miley's number.

She picked up on the second ring. "Hello?"

"Hi," I said. Joe, Nick, and Kevin all smiled at me encouragingly. I turned around so I wouldn't have to see their faces.

"Hi Lainey," she said timidly. "Did you um, see Perez's blog today?"

'Yeah," I said. "I um -- I just--."

"You don't have to say anything," Miley said quietly.

"I do," I sighed. "I have to thank you."

"No you don't," she said again. "Lainey, I owed you big time. This doesn't even fully make up what I did to you."

I smiled. "Actually I owe you one for it," I admitted. "At least now I know what an asshole Jesse is."

"True," she said thoughtfully. "And he was a bad kisser."

"Oh I know," I laughed. "Trust me, I know."

"And at least now you can fully be open for Joe," she continued.

"Exac-- wait," I said, turning red. "Miley for the last time, Joe and I aren't dating."

"Right," she laughed. It was nice how it seemed everything was going back to normal. I had my life back, my best friend back. And most importantly, I had me back. And it was all thanks to Joe. Somehow, he had help me start finding myself again. He was helping me remember who I was. I sighed. Joe had honestly become such a big part of me. I had never even realized it. It was like he was part of me, of who I was. And I didn't even mind.

I heard Nick and Kevin snicker in the back. I glared at them, and saw Joe was doing the same. I smiled timidly at him. He shrugged, but didn't say anything. "Anyways," I said into the phone. "I have to go, but I'll call you tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay," she said excitedly. "I have so much to tell you."

I was looking at Joe, who had kept eyes contact with me the whole time. I had never realized how brown Joe's eyes were. They were like chocolate, deep dark chocolate. "Me too," I said, still looking at Joe. "Bye," I hung up.

"So what should we do now?" Nick asked, looking excited.

I grimaced. "Time to face Jesse I guess." That would be interesting.

"I'll come with you," Joe said firmly.

I winced at the thought. I knew Joe wasn't Jesse's favorite person, and Perez's blog definitely would not help them become butt buddies. But then, did I really want to face this alone? And who better to go with me than Joe? "Okay," I said, still slightly uncertain.

He nodded, and opened his mouth to say something. But right on cue, my phone rang. The color dropped from my face as I saw who it was. Jesse. Show time. Man, this was going to suck.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, not that good
I wrote it really quickly cause I don't have much time
but I HAD to update!
So what did you guys think?
Comments anyone?