Please, Help Me

Chapter 5

Gerard shivered in the cold. Wearing what he was wearing was NOT a good idea at 4 o’clock in the morning. A ridiculously thin shirt, black ripped jeans, and a light hoodie draped around his stomach.

“Nice going Gee,” he mentally slapped himself, “storm out of the house without fucking shoes, dressed in yesterdays fucking clothes, walking down the middle of a fucking wet street at 4 am in the fucking morning. IN THE FUCKING COLD TOO!”
Gerard shivered again, untied the hoodie from and shruged it on.

“…Why’d she do it?” Gee mumbled. “Why, everything was fine. We were controlling them, well, sorta. But we were fine.”

He stopped walking, realising he’d reached a cliff. The view was spectacular. Light flooded the horizon, spreading out as it grew. Gee sat down a few meters away from the cliff edge, and leaned against a tree, drinking in the sight, wishing that he had his paint.
The wind blew the tree’s branches into the light, blocking Gerard’s view a little, while its leaves bucked and swayed. Gee looked upon the leaves.
"The sun came through the leaves and lit them up like it was on fire,” Gerard chuckled, “right at…sunrise.”
He shook his head and grinned a little. A refrasement of words, but they still worked.

He sat there for a little while longer, just staring, thinking.
Then he remembered something. “Autumn.”
Gee stood up and took off running, towards the house.
He reached it in record time.

“Autumn?” Gerard called, walking through the front door.
“Autumn?” he called a little louder.
He started to search the house, scrambling through the rooms. He walked into the last room he hadn’t checked, the kitchen. Something red caught his eye, and he walked towards it. It was a small puddle, with an arm extended into it.
“Oh shit.”
Gee ran to it, scooping Autumn into his arms and shook her. “Autumn? Come on baby, wake up. Baby. Please. Wake up!”

Autumn weakly opened her eyes, looking at Gerard. “They said it was my fault.”
Gerard gave a confused looked, “about what?”
Autumn smiled weakly. “That you weren’t coming back.”

Autumn’s head dipped and her eyes closed, leaving only her weak smile left.
“Autumn? No, don’t sleep. Don’t go. Autumn? Come on, don’t leave me.
…shit.”