I Finally Got Adopted..Dang

You Went All UFC on Her

The party was pretty much over an hour after the fight. Eli was the first to leave; he gave me the saddest look before he walked out after Megan. The atmosphere was so tense that everyone got another drink, danced, and then left. The only people who stayed were my friends and Alex’s, minus Eli.

“Marley, that was freaking awesome. You totally owned her,” Jess shouted at me while we were cleaning up, “what was it about?” I shrugged my shoulders, indicating with my eyes to Derek, saying that I’d tell her later. She nodded, understanding. Once Derek and Jason went to take the trash out, I whispered to Jess, Kristin, and Sarah, “She was getting all possessive over Eli. I told her countless times that we were just friends, but she didn’t listen. I told her not to tell me what to do, and then she slapped me.”

“And then,” Sarah stated, “You went all UFC on her ass.” I laughed at her, shaking my head.

“Marley, we need to talk,” Derek said to me as I was brushing my teeth. Everyone else was downstairs, watching a movie. I groaned internally.

“About what Derek?” I asked him, spitting out the toothpaste.

Derek gave me a very serious look. “You know what it’s about Marley. Why did you and Megan get in a fight?”

I shrugged my shoulders, “I don’t know, maybe it’s because she’s a whore?”

Derek gave me another serious look, “Marley, I know you’re lying. Why did you guys got in a fight?”

I huffed before answering, “If you must know, she got all possessive of Eli and told me to back off of him. I told her over and over that Eli and I are just friends. She kept repeating over and over that she saw us hug…”

I didn’t get to finish my story because Derek interrupted me, “You guys were hugging?” he asked in a tone that implied he was mad, but was trying to hide it.

I shrugged my shoulders again, “Well, yeah. Eli gave me a birthday present, so I told him thank you and hugged him.” Derek seemed to notice my bracelet. I tried to hide my wrist, but he grabbed it and inspected it. “He gave this to you?” I just nodded. “And you’re already wearing it.” Derek said more to himself than to me.

I snatched my hand away from his and folded my arms. “Is there a problem with me wearing this bracelet?”

“I just think it’s funny that he gave you a present.”

“Derek, it’s my birthday party. Almost everyone gave me a present.”

Derek shook his head, “That’s not the point Marley.”

“Then what is the point, Derek?” I asked, emphasizing his name.

“The point is Eli gives you a bracelet. Then, you get into a fight with his girlfriend over him.”

I have never been so angry at Derek than I was now. “That is not how it went down and you know it. I would have never hit her if she hadn’t slapped me first. I probably would have just laughed in her face.”

“That’s just like you, not taking anything serious.”

“And it’s just like you to be a complete jerk. Don’t talk to me until you’re the boy who I started liking.” I stomped down the stairs, leaving him in the bathroom. I flopped in between Jess and Sarah. A few minuets later, Derek came storming down the stairs. He didn’t look or say a word to anyone; he just walked out of the house, slamming the door. Every single person turned to look at me. I ignored them and just watched the movie. Some birthday this was turning out to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have 83 subscribers! Having that many made my day.

Enjoy!