I Finally Got Adopted..Dang

Surprises are stupid

“So where are you taking me?” I asked Derek for the one thousandth time. We had been driving for over an hour.

“I told you, I’m taking you to your birthday present.” He gave me the same answer every time I asked.

“How come this had to be a surprise? I don’t like surprises.” I grumbled.

“I know. I think you’ve told me before. Can you not just wait and see what your present is?”

“No, I can’t wait.” I grumbled some more. Derek was really aggravating me by not telling me where we were going. I hated surprises.

“Well, you’re just going to have to wait,” Derek said in a sing-song voice. I huffed at him then ignored him. The rest of the ride was silent; every so often Derek would look over at me and smirk. Every time he did this, it would just make me scowl even more.

“Are you going to stop pouting?” Derek asked me after sometime.

“Depends,” I muttered.

“Well you better stop, because we’re here.” Derek said excitedly.

“Derek,” I said with an uncertain tone, “this is a McDonald’s.”

“Good observation Marley. Do you want a cookie?”

“Shut up,” I growled at him. By now, we were inside. I looked around expectantly. There was nothing out of the ordinary; it was just a normal McDonald’s. “As much as I love McDonald’s, why are we here?”

“We are here, my lovely girlfriend, because we need to eat before I take you to your real birthday present.”

“So this isn’t my real present?” I asked with a confused tone.

“Of course not, what kind of boyfriend would I be if I just took you to Mickey D’s?” Derek said, meaning for it to be a rhetorical question. I answered it anyways. “A horrible one.” Derek just gave me that look of his.

“Mmm,” I said as we were leaving, patting my stomach, “Big Macs are good.”

“They better be, the way you devoured that burger.” Derek replied with a smirk, I smacked him. “You know, you’re smacking the person who is giving you an amazing present an awful lot.”

“This present better be freaking amazing, since you’re not telling me what it is.” I grumbled.

“Quit your grumbling we’re here.” Derek snapped. My mouth dropped open with a gasp.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and enjoy!

Mmm, I want some food. ;)