Status: Story is on hold. :/ Sorry.

Through Glass Eyes.

Reality.

"Hey Van!" Alice chirped as she sat herself down on the sofa next to me. I didn't flinch, I didn't even blink. That's the thing about vampires, there are so many things we can do that we don't need. Blinking; our eyes are practically made of unbreakable glass. Resting; we're invincible, immortal, incredibly fast and strong, we don't need rest. Hell, we don't even need to sit down. Breathing; No need. My lungs died 88 years ago along with my heart. But, even if we don't have to breathe, we still do. Because if we don't breathe, we can't smell our prey or threats. Eating; we can stuff our faces like any human but we'd just have to cough it up later since our stomachs aren't capable of digesting anything anymore.
"Hm?" I asked, finally turning to look at her. Her beautiful smile was placed perfectly upon her pixie-like face. Her short dark brown hair flaring out like a burning, black fire. Her golden eyes staring into mine. "What did you say?"
"I said that Carlisle will want to talk to you when he gets back from work." she giggled. Carlisle was my 'foster father', I'll tell you more about him later.
"Oh. What about?" I asked. Alice only giggled slightly and hugged me. I smiled and hugged back.
Now, I bet you're wondering how the bloody hell she knew Carlisle would want to talk to me. You see, Alice has the power to see into the future. And no, not all vampires have this ability. We don't know how or why some of us get these odd power but it just happens and some are good but some can be very misunderstood. Edward, one of my 'brothers' has the power to read minds. Jasper, my other foster brother can control emotions. I have to admit that sometimes they annoy me very much and sometimes I wish I had a special power but then I think of how annoying it must be for Edward and Alice. Alice may not want to know the future, it could easily crush her dreams. If she had any. And Edward, he had to learn to drown out everyone's mind but still, he'll never get any peace and quiet unless he runs far, far away from civilization.
I wouldn't be able to cope with such abilities. That's probably why I don't have any, just the basic vampire 'powers' that comes with the package of being... dead. It sounded weird saying that; saying I was dead when I was still breathing, speaking and walking about,living my life existing in this world.

I sat silently on the bleached couch in the white living room with a large flat-screen TV blaring an unseen television program at me as I stared aimlessly beyond the TV screen while Alice sat beside me just as silent as I was. That was until she let out a small giggle and I turned my head to ask what she found so humorous.
"It's going to rain tomorrow just like every other day." She chuckled. I could only manage a smile as I looked back at the TV, now paying attention to the sweaty, pink-cheeked weather man that happened to be telling us it was going to be a warm, sunny day tomorrow and that it'd be wise to go out camping.
Camping, that's surely what we'd be doing on a sunny day. Lord knows we wouldn't go out amongst the humans whilst the sun was shining. And no, it's not because we'll melt in the sun or some lie the movies and books say about us. Truth is, we just sparkle in the sun-light. Nothing huge but it's big enough for someone to spot and that would cause questions, which we certainly don't need.
By the way, when I say 'camping' I mean hunting. Not with guns and traps... we don't need those. All we need is hunger and prey.
Funny thing is: Against the fact that we're vampires, we don't 'eat' humans. I mean, we've all eaten a human once or twice when we first became vampires but once we joined Carlise's family, we stopped. We didn't want to be murderers, we just wanted to get by as sanely as we possibly could. We didn't want to be monsters. Or at least, I think I don't.
I'm different from the others, you see, I wasn't turned by Carlise. Actually, Alice and I were the only two that didn't know who changed us until last year when Alice remembered James from when he was trying to kill Bella. We don't really need to get into detail about James. But Bella, we'll get to her later.

Just as that thought ran through my brain, I heard the sound of Edward's silver Volvo drive in by the house. That was my cue to get up and head to my room which was upstairs next to Alice's. But right as I was about to pick myself up, Alice grabbed my arm in a stone solid grip.
"Don't move." She said, staring aimlessly into the distance. Next thing I new, the front door was opening and Edward walked into the living room from the walkway behind us. We didn't turn as he spoke softly, "Bella want's to meet you." hesaid growled.
That's when I turned to look at him, but he was already gone to get Bella from the front room.
I'd already met Bella but just in the seance of just saying hello and scurrying off to my room to leave her alone. You see, Edward is very protective of Bella and he's yet to trust me with her life which I suppose is perfectly understandable since my eyes finally just turned a golden brown color after a few years of drinking animal blood. I guess he didn't want me scaring her off with my crimson eyes.
Edward scoffed and walked into the room once again in a human pace but now with a beautiful brown haired human girl attached to his arm. Alice and I both stood up and turned to face Bella. But unlike Alice -whom began dancing gracefully towards Bella, taking her from Edward's arm and pulling her into a hug while singing, 'Hi, Bella!', I stood perfectly still beside the sofa, just staring at her with a small smile. After Bella got finished laughing awkwardly at Alice's performance, she looked over to me.
"Nice to see you again . . . Bella." I hesitated with her name, for it had been a while since I had seen her last and I didn't want to seem too casual. She just nodded and began taking wide steps towards me, closing the distance between us rather quickly. At the very same time I had sucked in my breath, Edward had stepped forward ready to defend her from the blood-thirsty monster that I am, and Alice had stepped in front of him to assure him I was okay. Which honestly, I believed less and less with each step Bella took.
But I remained still with a smile on my face though I could hear the low growl in the back of Edward's throat and the quick whispers of reassurance from Alice. All of which Bella's human ear failed to pick up. Soon, she stood inches away from me with a smile a little stronger than my own spread across her face. I didn't know if her act ofbravery stupidity was to prove to me that she wasn't afraid or if she had some kind of death wish.
Once again Edward growled as Bella reached her hand out, waiting for my response, "It's nice to see you again, too. Um..."
"Vanessa." I finished for her as I places my icy, stone-hard hand against hers, shaking along as she did. She didn't even flinch, which took me aback. I was amazed at herbravery stupidity.
"You do know what you've gotten yourself involved in, right?" I asked, more casually than necessary but Bella didn't seem to mind. She only smiled and nodded.
"And I couldn't be any happier." She said as she looked back at Edward. I could only imagine the love they must have felt for each other. Bella has put herself in mortal danger just to be with Edward. Personally, I don't think it's worth it. I mean, I'm not that big on true love. I'm not saying I haven't felt like I've been in love but all the relationships I've ever been in just began to crumble at each 'I love you'. I don't really believe love exists but Bella and Edward were on the path to changing my mind.
At that thought Edward calmed himself down and stood back, the growl fading until it was nothing. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad, maybe I could actually be normal. Well, as normal as a blood-drinking vampire girl can be.
"So, you and Edward have been together for a while now, huh?" I tried making small talk, pulling up the first subject that popped into my head. Though vampire's may be physically perfect, some of us have tragic social skills. Mainly due to the fact that we can't actually go out and interact with humans when thirsting for blood, which is all the time might I add.
Bella only smiled and nodded her head, "Yes."
Her response pretty much made me run into a mental wall. I just casually moaned and looked out the window which was actually the wall from behind the TV. Alice, being the undead angel that she is, saved me from my awkward silence by yelling out, "He's home!" in a cheerful, overly-load voice.
Bella turned around, probably just as confused as myself. Of course Edward wasn't confused, we can read minds, remember?
♠ ♠ ♠
Alice Cullen
Edward Cullen
Bella Swan
Vanessa Laroy

Comments are greatly appreciated. :]]]