Status: Story is on hold. :/ Sorry.

Through Glass Eyes.

Formal.

Carlisle walked into the house as normally as any human, he rarely used any of the vampiric abilities with which he'd beenblessed cursed. The only actual thing I've seen him do that's vampiric is drink the blood of some animal while we went hunting. Truth is, I think he wants to be as normal as I do. Of course he does, I mean, if he didn't he wouldn't be going out of his way to blend in with the human community. Instead, he'd be drinking human blood like James or the Vulturi.
Carlisle's calm smile seemed to lighten the room as Alice danced across the spotless wooden floor to greet him.
"Welcome home, Carlisle!" Alice sang.
Carlisle, like the father figure that he is, chuckled and greeted her back. "I'm guessing you know what's coming next, Alice?" She only smiled wider in response which just annoyed me.
Carlisle noticed my annoyance and cleared his throat.
"Let's all go to the dining room, shall we?" Carlisle's voice spoke with perfection.
A few seconds passed before we were all by a normal, glass dining room table set for maybe five. Emmet, Jasper, Edward and I stood while the others sat around the white table. But Bella, being the cute lover that she is, decided to stand with Edward.
"Bella, if you'd like, you may sit down." Esme spoke in the voice of a true mother. And in some way, she was my mother. I mean, I guess I could see it that way. Since my real mother died at a young age due to illness, it's nice to have someone there for you.
I felt a pair of eyes staring me down, I looked over towards Edward and noticed our eyes lock, instantly showing me that he could hear my thoughts. Sometimes I forget that, you know? So, to avoid a dramatic intake on my past, I thought of something else. Like... how cloudy it was outside, how the room was abnormally white, what was making Alice so happy? Was she getting a new car or something? No, because she told me Carlisle wanted to speak with me, right?
Bella only shook her head and clung onto Edward with what seemed like a gentle touch. I wish I could be gentle again, instead of an ice cold stone.
At the very thought, Carlisle smiled and looked at me, "I see you've had the pleasure of meeting Bella. How are you doing?" He asked as politely as possible but I knew what he meant by it.
"I'm doing a lot better than I expected." I answered, amazed how much this thinking was distracting me from Bella's blood.
"That's good to hear." He said then looked towards Esme. "How would you feel about going to Forks High School with the others?" He asked suddenly.
I was actually taken aback, though I was expecting something that might have blown my mind, I still felt 'weak at the knees'. (Ha. Funny human expressions.) I didn't know how to respond... go to a high school? With humans? It's been almost 100 years since I've been around a group of humans. I still held in my breath, scared of going insane with Bella a few feet away from me. I was lost for words, I didn't know what I wanted to do.
Finally, to break the awkward silence, Bella stepped away from Edward, smiling. "This will be great. We'll be able to spend more time together." Honestly, it sounded nice, to have a friend that wanted to be with you, but I didn't feel it was right. I mean, I'm a blood-thirsty monster that takes joy and pleasure out of killing the innocent.
Something in Edward's eyes twitched for a second until he regained his calm stature. I wondered for a moment if that's the way he felt. I wondered about him so much, the looks that suddenly appear upon his flawless face, the way he chooses his words as if afraid to slip up, what does he possibly have to lose? His life? Already gone. His existence, on the other hand, is forever.
Edward locked eyes with me once more and then grabbed hold of Bella, pulling her closer to him. He smiled as he held her close to his icy cold body. It hit me then that Edward did exist for something. Bella. I felt a pang of jealousy pick at my rotting heart, I didn't glare for I knew he could already hear my spiting thoughts toward him and his... lover.
Carlisle smiled, "Well, we all feel you're ready now that your eyes have fully changed in color and you've gotten used to animal blood." His voice was soothing. If there were any way for me to be soothed at this moment, his voice would do it. Unfortunately, there was no way to calm my 'nerves'.
"I see. I truly appreciate this, Carlisle." I said simply, smiling lightly and left the room. From behind me I could hear them speaking, "She's very distant, isn't she?" asked Bella. Edward only shushed her.
Distant? Am I, really? I do realize that I don't partake in most of the family activities other than hunting but am I truly distant? I suppose I am, now that I think about it. It's been maybe two years since I found this family, I should warm up to them. Stop being so formal, try to have fun. I, then, tried to consider the thought of actually having a family again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Different pictures for each chapter.

Vanessa Laroy
Bella Swan
Edward Cullen
Carlisle Cullen
Esme Cullen
Rosalie Hale
Emmet Cullen
Jasper Hale

Comments are greatly appreciated. :]]]