Status: Story is on hold. :/ Sorry.

Through Glass Eyes.

Mutt.

"Here! Try this one on!" Alice threw another one of her stylish shirts in my direction while digging in her oversize closet. I was so used to just watching Alice get ready for school that it felt off watching her help me get ready. I put it on like instructed and she turned, looked me up and down and gave me a smile that could make any man weak at the knees. "Perfect." She said.
I decided to ride with Emmet, Rose, Jasper and Alice in the silver Jeep while Edward went to pick up Bella in his Volvo. On the way there, Emmet had the music blasting through the speakers but I managed to drown most of it out as I counted each house we passed. We'd maybe passed one hundred and fouty-three when we finally pulled into the Forks Highschool parking lot. In the parking lot were groups and groups of teens just standing around talking with their guards down. They had no idea that they were in the presence of blood thirsty vampires.
I'm guess Alice could feel me hold in my breath beside her because she pressed her hand against my shoulder and whispered, "You'll do fine." Would I? Will I possibly be able to go among all these humans and not snap? It's only been two years since I drank human blood. Since I had the sweet taste of hot, pulsing blood slide down my throat. The thought itself made me want to jump out of the car and begin tainting my eyes red once again. But Alice squeezed my shoulder, I looked around to see she was having a vision. After it was over, she looked towards me in concern and then shook her head.
Pure shame washed over me in an instant, she had seen me killing. Would I really go that far? I believe I would if I didn't have Alice with me. "I'm sorry." I spoke softly. She only patted my shoulder and jumped out of the car along with the others. I did the same and looked around at the thousands of eyes that had instantly fallen upon me.

It had only been four hours and I felt like I was about to be sick (if it were possible for vampires to get sick). Just the way that I knew the humans noticed me as much as I noticed them made me want to burst out in a screaming fit. And if the eyes weren't bad enough, the whispers from person to person were just driving me insane.
By the time I was at the lunch table with the rest of the Cullens and Bella, I was ready to throw my tray of unneeded food on the floor and run for the house. Edward gave me a sympathetic look from the other side of the table but simply turned back to Bella to continue their conversation. Rose didn't even notice me, or at least she acted that way, and kept her eyes on Emmet.
Alice turned away from Jasper to smile at me, "Hey, Van. How's the first day going?" She kept her voice low, high enough for Bella to hear but too low for any other human.
I let out an unnecessary sigh and looked down at my one slice of pizza, "I don't think I can do this." I replied simply.
That's when I felt five more pairs of eyes on me, I looked up to see the whole Cullen group staring multiple holes into my face as Alice gripped my stone hard hand with her own. "It'll be okay, Vanessa." Her voice seemed like pure sincerity but I could hear a bit of uncertainty leaking through.
"No, I should go home. I can't, not now." I shook my head, pushed the tray away from me and stood up. Alice stood up after me, tightening her grip on my wrist, "Are you sure?" She asked. I looked her in the eyes; Her golden eyes showed sadness, disappointment. So much that it was almost too painful to watch.

I couldn't believe what I'd just done as I walked away from Alice, out of the cafeteria and down the school yard. I was about to look around and break into a vampiric sprint when the smell that crept up my nose made my legs make an abrupt stop. I breathed in once again to make sure the smell wasn't just my imagination. It wasn't the smell I'd been enduring all day, it wasn't sweet or mouth-watering. Finally, I focused my eyes on a man standing across the parking lot, leaning on a red Volkswagen. His arms were crossed and his eyes were glaring holes into me. I stared at him for a second or two, noting his supposed hatred for me, when Bella yelled from behind me, "Jacob!"
I didn't look back at Bella because she was already in front of me, heading full force toward the supposed Jacob guy, Edward a few feet behind her. I watched as Bella glared at the tall dark skinned boy with annoyance while he simply smiled at her. I was about to walk forward, toward them when I felt Alice's hand on my shoulder. I looked back to see Alice standing next to me, a weak smile on her face.
"That's Jacob Black." She gestured towards the boy next to Bella, "He's a werewolf," I raised one eyebrow in slight interest, "that has a crush on Bella".
"What?" I beamed, turned to look Alice in the eyes. A crush on Bella? For how long? Does he know Bella loves Edward? And what was he doing here? It wasn't until Alice squeezed my shoulder that I noticed my fists were clenched and my teeth were bare. I snapped out of it and calmed down, looking to Alice for answers.
With all the questions that were scattering from one side of my brain to the other, the first thing I could ask was, "So... the smell is him?" I turned back around and pointed.
She lifted her hand to her mouth and chuckled, nodding a couple of times before holding her breath again.
Don't get me wrong, in all my years of being a vampire I've known that werewolves excised. It's just I've never actually crossed paths with one, thus, I never really knew they stunk so badly.
From where Bella was standing, I could see (and hear) Edward chuckle in the back of his throat. He looked my way and gave me the crooked smile that Bella loved so much. That's when Jacob Black looked my way and glared, discretely pointing at me while looking at Bella for an explanation. Bella glanced at me, looked back at Jacob, talked for a minute, and then motioned for me to come over.
My nostrils flared in discomfort as I approached slowly toward Bella, Edward and the mysterious Jacob Black. Only Jacob was the one that seemed as uncomfortable with this as I was, his eyes glaring at the ground or at the sky or at Bella. His hands were shaking furiously though he was trying to hide it. Finally, I was right next to Bella, Edward on the other side of her. Jacob looked like he felt out numbered, like we were about to ambush him, tie him down, and drink him dry right here in plain daylight, in front of everyone that may have been watching. Which made me wonder if drinking his blood was okay. Sure, he was half human but he was also half wolf... does that make it half okay?
Once again, another chuckle grew from Edward's throat making me smile slightly. My courage built as I held in my breath and reached out to shake the werewolf's large hand -or is it a paw?-. He stared at my hand for a second before unwillingly grabbing it and a little harder than necessary. I couldn't help but notice in the two seconds that he shook my hand that his piratically buried mine in itself. How big was this guy anyway? 7'3"?
"I'm--" I began.
"I don't care." he blurted out, sticking his hand in his pocket but not before he plainly -and intentionally for my noticing- wiped the hand with which he shook mine on his pants. I bit my lower lip to hold in my anger, clenching my fists. He didn't seem to care much that I was on the verge of ripping him apart right here on the school yard.
That's when Edward looked back and motioned for Alice to come and take me away, I didn't look away from the black haired werewolf as Bella began to chew his ass for being so rude. I couldn't hear it though, I was too wrapped in my own mental image of ripping the little mutt lib from lib in the slowest way possible. Honestly, I didn't like thinking such violent things. It's the vampire thing, you know. The whole blood lust. No matter if we drink it or just bathe in it, we want it and it doesn't matter how or where we get it.