Status: Story is on hold. :/ Sorry.

Through Glass Eyes.

Meddling.

It was hardly a day later until a whole pack of Jacob Blacks came up to our front porch, asking for me.
At first it was shocking but when I finally got around to understanding what they wanted with me, it didn't seem so surprising. I mean, if I thought someone was breaking my treaty I'd be all up in their face, too, right? Right.
Well, I stood on the porch as the moon began to make it's way back behind the swaying trees to give it's position back to the sun. -Not that the sun does much around Forks what with all these clouds... not that I'm complaining.- The pack of eight wolves stood side by side in our front yard as the other seven vampires stood beside me. Hey, eight V.S. eight... I wonder who'd win.
I looked back at Edward when I felt his gaze upon me, soon realizing (again) that he could hear my thoughts and found it slightly amusing how I kept finding something humorous to say about these flea-bags.
"We apologize for not mentioning Vanessa to you but she's only been here for a few years. She hasn't left the house until only yesterday so her eyes could... renew." I grimaced at Carlisle's choice of words but continued to stand silently, staring intently at one of the larger wolves as it focused on Edward.
Soon after the wolf's gaze landed upon him, he turned towards us saying, "He said, 'She wasn't part of the deal. We only allowed the Cullens!'"
One of the other larger wolves turned to look at the bigger one (which had longer hair than any of the others) and barked quite loudly, as if scolding him for speaking. I'm guessing he was the leader of this little puppy-pack. Again, I heard a light chuckle from Edward.
"I believe the treaty was that only the vampires that drink the blood of animals could live in Forks. Vanny here has sworn off human blood just like us." Emmet beamed as he patted my back with a large smile spreading across his face. Again, I grimaced at the thought of the taste of human blood, so much that it started to hurt more than usual just to keep the thoughts at bay.
The larger wolf that had shorter hair looked at Edward once again.
"They said they understand the treaty." Edward said with a smirk. "But they have yet to trust Vanessa."

Days later I stood silently before my bedroom window, staring out onto the outside world that was now covered with a blanket of navy. The trees around the house moved gracefully from side to side as the wind blew gently across the land of Washington. I hadn't gone back to the school since the day I left but something tells me this tardy streak will have to end soon. I haven't talked to anyone in the house that much but then again, I never really did before. My mind was wracked with thoughts and memories. Even I knew that every single thought the ran through my mind could be heard and repeated at any time due to the fact that Edward was around. I've tried multiple times to just stop thinking but when you're a vampire that can't sleep and can barely leave the house, think is really all you can to do.
I turned away from the window (and away from my thoughts) as I heard footsteps walking slowly up the staircase of the house. I knew it couldn't have been anyone of the Cullens because around the house we don't walk 'slowly' so I knew it must have been Bella. This wasn't unusual because more often than not, Edward leaves in the middle of the night to gostalk watch Bella in her room as she sleeps. Occasionally Bella will wake up while Edward is there and, unlike before she knew about vampires, he didn't run or hide. Instead he'd do whatever she wanted him to do. I guess today she wanted to come here.
I continued watching the door as the footsteps grew closer with each step. Usually they would have stopped by now since Edward's room was closer to the stairs than anyone's but the footsteps just came closer and closer until there was a light knock on my bedroom door. I stared intently at the door as if I thought if I looked at it long enough, whoever (even though I knew it was Bella) would just turn around and walk away. Finally, after a long five seconds, I told Bella to come in and the door slowly cracked open, letting a beam of light from the hallway intrude in the darkness of my solitude.
"Vanessa?" Bella's voice shot through the room along with the light as she poked her brown haired head through the opening. "Can we talk?"
I raised my eyebrow in confusion as she made her way into my room and closed the door behind her. What could Bella, a girl I'd met only a few days before, have to talk to me about? Was there something I had said to her before that gave her the impression that I had something to talk to her about? Maybe she had some questions about Edward or the others. But as Bella sat herself down on the small love-seat in the corner to my right. She asked me to sit with her and as I made my way over towards her, I knew she didn't want to talk about the others and I instantly grew uncomfortable around her... Well, more uncomfortable than I usually am.
No matter how uncomfortable I happened to be, I managed to set myself beside her and look her in the eyes as she looked into mine. "Of course, Bella. What is it?" I asked as I noticed movement from outside my door and new from that second that Bella and I wouldn't be having a girl to girl talk but a girl to girl talk with fourteen ears listening in. As the thought entered my head that I couldn't even have a single conversation without being treated like a child, I quickly grew irritable.
"Well, I know that we've only met a few times before" twice, actually. "but I was hoping... I mean, if it's not too much trouble..." Bella fumbled with her words like she was the child here, not me.
I leaned forward, staring out into the distance of the darkness before me. "Please just say it, Bella." I said politely through my teeth. I tried, I tried everyday to be sweet and kind to the Cullens and those around me but at this time during the night, my time of solitude and peace, this time to myself that I'd always counted on before was now being interrupted by some. . . Human. I can hardly control myself when I'm surrounded by vampires, what makes this girl stupid enough to come in here with me alone.
"I know this may seem forward and it may be none of my business but... I just thought that... Well, you seemed really 'up tight' when we met and at school so I just thought if you could maybe open up to someone... maybe you'd feel better about being around me." Bella spoke softly and kindly with only good intentions and yet I still felt as if she just wanted to see me snap, just wanted to throw me over the edge of my sanity and watch as I fall. Down, down, down... until I hit the ground with my hot, pulsing blood spilling out of my human body until I was no more. Wait... what?!
I turned my head to look at Bella again, but this time I wasn't looking AT her but... through her. Like I was trying to see passed her and look into her mind like Edward does with people but unfortunately, I failed and it just made me even more irritated. So irritated in fact, that I didn't want to be around anyone, I didn't want to be around Bella or the Cullens, I didn't even want to be around myself but that one, I fear, I'm stuck with.
"How did you die?" Bella asked bluntly like she was just asking me who I may have a crush on, which is no one by the way. Like we having some kind of sleep over and we're playing an innocent game of Truth or Dare. But what was innocent about me? A vampire that had, before she met the Cullens, killed thousands of people for her own selfish needs. I blinked, not because I needed to but because right after Bella had asked me that question, I felt as if I couldn't move. Blinking was the only way to prove myself wrong without going completely insane. Even more movement broke out behind my bedroom door, I knew that each second that passed was a second that both Edward and I were going crazy.
"What did you say?" I asked in a moment of disbelief.
"I mean, if you don't want..." Bella turned white as if she knew she had just done something horribly wrong.
"You have no right." I whispered to her under my breath, staring a hole in Bella's forehead.
"I didn't mean to..." Bella tried to apologize but it was too late, I'd lost it.
"Get out." I whispered, trying with as much strength as I possibly could to keep from ripping her throat out then and there.
"What?" Bella whispered back. You have no idea how much I was trying with as much strength as I possibly could to keep from ripping her throat out then and there.
But, as much as I had tried to keep my cool before, I quickly picked myself up and shot across the room in fear that I would, in fact, kill her and shouted in an almost uninterpretable scream, "Get out!"
In the same moment, my bedroom door flew open and in a split second, Bella was out of the room and I was being pinned to the wall by Edward who was growling with his fangs bare in front of my face. As much as I feared this would happen, I bared my teeth as well and began growling in fights of both anger and sorrow. Anger because Bella had drawn me back into a state of remembering which I tried my whole vampire life to stay out of and sorrow because this could have and may still lead to so many horrible things that I can almost feel the tears starting to fall.
But the tears didn't have time to fall as I pushed Edward to the ground and looked up at the Cullen family who watched in terror as their little Vanessa fought to our second possible death. But at the thought of causing such pain to this family and of actually being able to kill someone who has been nothing but hospitable to me. and in the moment I had to look up into the eyes of the Cullen family and see the shock and disappointment in their eyes -that reminded me so much of the people on the streets of France during my poor life, I managed to avoid Edwards lunge for me and bolted out the open window, leaving the Cullens and Bella behind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guys, I just want to say that this is NOT a love story.
I'm writing this story to show to the world what I think it must be like for a vampire that wasn't turned by choice. So, this is not a love story.
But, then again, I've only made four chapters. It may turn into one. But I'm telling you now, I highly doubt that his story with be a Vanessa/Edward story. If anything it'll probably be a Vanessa/Jacob story. Not because I dislike Edward or anything but because I believe that Jacob and Vanessa would fit much better into the story. Plus, it's clear that Edward loves Bella, if he were to suddenly fall in love with Vanessa, my story would suck, don't you think?
I mean, that would be is such poor taste, I can barely think about it.

Anyway, now that you know that this is not a love story, (at least, not now...) you'll probably not be reading anymore.
However, if you do still read. . . I love you. :3

Peace.