Gamble With Desire

dix.

Addison decided that she should call her best friend from New York, Sophie, and update her on everything that had happened.

She dialed the phone and waited for Sophie to answer. After a few rings, Sophie answered.

“Hey Soph, it’s me,” said Addison.

“Addison Rose Wilson!” scolded Sophie immediately. “You have some explaining to do!”

“I know,” sighed Addison and decided to start from the beginning. She explained that she was well over being on her last straw with Logan, and that her only chance was to up and leave New York right then and there. She explained how she met Alex in the airport – it took a little bit of convincing, however.

“Come on Adds, stop it. Seriously.”

“I’m telling the truth, Sophie! If you don’t believe me then that’s your choice.”

“You’re not joking, are you?” she asked incredulously.

Addison laughed. “No, I am not.”

“So that text you sent me about being in the hotel room was actually fucking serious?”

Addison explained all of that, too. She mentioned the wedding and how Alex had taken care of her, which surprised Sophie.

“From what I’ve heard, that boy likes to party,” she said. “He might actually like you, Adds.”

Addison scoffed. “He was just being nice – he could see right through my lies, Sophie. He read me like a damn book. He could tell that I needed to let loose and have some fun. I think he knows – not about Logan, obviously, but I think he has a pretty damn good idea about what’s happened to me.”

“…Wow,” was all Sophie could say. “So what happens now? Are you guys planning on staying in touch?”

“Well, he asked me to hang out tonight.”

“Jesus Christ, he likes you!”

“We don’t know that yet. Like I said, he can tell I’m going through a rough time. He said I look like I needed some fun and…” Addison trailed off, not sure whether to mention what the rest of Alex’s comment was.

“And…?” Silence. “Addison?” Sophie demanded.

“He said that I could use a fun time and promised he could give it to me,” Addison mumbled sheepishly.

Sophie didn’t say anything for a second, and then burst out laughing. “Oh my god!” she exclaimed. “He wants in your fucking pants, Adds!”

“Shut up,” laughed Addison. “I mean, he’s a lead singer. Obviously he’s cocky; girls probably throw themselves after him on an hourly basis.”

“I say go for it,” said Sophie bluntly. “He’s a hottie and you need a rebound.”

“Sophie,” groaned Addison, smacking her forehead. “You know that’s not who I am.”

“That’s not who you were,” she corrected. “You left the scared little goody-good back in New York, Adds. It’s time to do you now and not worry about anyone else.”

Though Sophie was a bit wild, she gave good advice and Addison knew it. Why should she stop herself from letting loose and having fun with Alex tonight?

“Soph, I don’t even know if it’s going to be like that. I mean, he seems to actually care – why would he bother caring when he could easily have action?”

“I don’t know, Addison. I’m not saying this is one way or another – I’m just saying go with the flow; see what happens tonight and take it from there.”

Addison nodded. “Yeah, I guess you’re right.”

“After you get in his pants, though, you could hook me up with Zack,” said Sophie, wearing what Addison could tell was a huge grin on her face. “He’s damn fine.”

Addison laughed and rolled her eyes. “I don’t even know who that is.”

After the girls chatted for a while, Addison decided she should go eat dinner and get ready. After promising to call Sophie and tell her everything, she hung up the phone and went downstairs. As she and her mom ate dinner, Addison filled her in on the events of last night and said she was hanging out with Alex tonight.

“Addison, there’s something you’re not telling me about Logan.”

Addison bit her lip. “Let’s just say he isn’t in the picture anymore.”

“Did he hurt you, honey?” asked Diane softly, looking at her daughter. Addison closed her eyes and nodded.

Without saying anything, Diane hugged Addison and stroked her hair. “I’m so sorry, sweetie,” she whispered. “I won’t ever let him near you again. And your brother and his friends can beat him up.”

This made Addison chuckle. “Speaking of which, does Chris come home for the holidays?”

“In three weeks,” said Diane. “How long are you staying?”

Addison shrugged. “My life is sort of an open book right now.”

“Well, sweetie, I want you to have fun with Alex tonight,” Diane smiled. “He seems nice.”

“I should go get ready,” said Addison, looking at the clock – it was six.

She went upstairs and did her hair and make-up. Since she didn’t know what they were doing, Addison had no clue how to dress. She ended up choosing a soft blue, tight-fitting sweatshirt, which had the neckline cut low so her shoulders were exposed. Under it she wore a yellow beater and put on a pair of black skinny jeans. After adding a silver dangly necklace to make the outfit a bit more girlie, Addison was satisfied with her appearance. She went downstairs to the living room and turned on the tv.

After the episode of Two and A Half Men she was watching was almost over, the doorbell rang. She looked at the clock to see it was 6:55. Turning the tv off, Addison stood up and went to the door.

She opened it to see a smiling Alex, wearing a black beanie and a black leather jacket.

“Hey, Alex,” she smiled, and stood back so he could step in and get out of the cold.

“Hey,” he smiled, closing the door. “You ready?”

Addison nodded and put on her pair of grey Uggs. She put on her faux leather jacket as well and grabbed her purse.

“You look really nice,” he said.

“Thanks,” said Addison and felt herself blush a little. “So do you.”

Alex opened the door and let Addison exit first. They headed to his car, and they were off.

“So, still not telling me where we’re going?” asked Addison.

“Nope,” he grinned. “I hope you dressed warm, though.”

Addison raised an eyebrow.

Finally, they reached their destination – an arena. A hockey arena.

“Are we going skating?” she asked as Alex parked the car.

“Yep!” he replied happily. “Can you skate?”

“Um, not very well. I took lessons when I was little,” she said.

“Me too,” he said with a grin as they got out of the car. “So I guess this will be interesting.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Guys. I had 29 readers last chapter and I got ONE comment? My other two stories are the same thing. Like seriously, I don't know why I have so many silent readers and I don't know how to change that, but PLEASE drop a line?