And We're All Dead Now

Scene One

EXT. United States – Newscast – Stock Footage

M.O.S. News Anchor the Camera Man on rooftop. Anchor Woman talking. Camera pans to city below. Zombies run and roam, killing people.

Doctor (v.o.):
I know that this is difficult for you.

M.O.S. Camera trembles, and then pans over to the door leading to the rooftop. The door shakes.

Doctor (vs.):
But were not going to get anywhere if you don’t talk to me.

M.O.S. The door breaks open.

Doctor (v.o.):
Embry?

M.O.S. Zombies burst through and jump on the Anchor Woman.

Doctor (v.o.):
Embry?

M.O.S. The zombies turn on the Camera Man. Static fills the screen.

INT. London - Psychiatrist’s Office – Day

EMBRY COOPER, 21, lies on the couch in the small office. DOCTOR BLAKE WILLIAMS, 34, sits in a large chair, waiting for her to speak.

Embry:
Were you informed of what actually happened in America, Dr. Williams?

Doctor:
I was told what was necessary.

Embry:
Then you were told what they thought was necessary. Tell me, what do you know?

Doctor:
There was an outbreak in a testing lab that wasn’t quarantined in time. Those infected escaped after attacking the scientists and caused it to spread.

Embry:
They make everything sound like a damn science fiction novel, don’t they? It was much more destructive than it seems.

Doctor:
Tell me what really happened then.

Embry:
Aren’t you going to ask ‘How that makes me feel?’ like every other psychiatrist in this damn city.

Doctor:
You have to tell me something first, Embry.

Embry:
How about we don’t get into the deep crevices of my psyche just yet.

Doctor:
Alright, it’s your time and money, not mine. Tell me about your life then, before all this transpired.