And We're All Dead Now

Scene Five

ANGLE ON – Inside room at the side of the test subject.
EMBRY walks in alone.
ANGLE ON – People surrounding the window looking in.
ANGLE ON – EMBRY and test subject.

Man:
What’s going on? Where am I?

Embry:
You’re at the research facility in Chicago. I’m here to give you your shot.

Man:
Oh, okay.

Man is strapped down to a metal chair. Medical equipment surround him. EMBRY preps his arm.

Embry:
Administering vial at 10:45 am.

EMBRY sticks a needle in his arm. The man’s breath becomes short then heavy.

Embry:
Sir, I need you to relax.

Man:
It burns!

Embry:
That’s only a side effect. You just received a very powerful injection.

The man begins to calm down. EMBRY walks around, checking his stats on the machines.

Man:
(pant)
Why am I here? Really?

Embry:
We have an experimental cure for the disease you have.

Man:
So I’m a test subject?

Embry:
Yes. Now please just lay there and relax. I’ll be back to check on you shortly.

EMBRY leaves the room and goes to her office. A sudden loud beeping starts. EMBRY runs into the room.

Embry:
His heart rate’s dropping. We need somebody in here now!

Two people run into the room.

Embry:
Someone get his heart stabilized! We can’t lose this one!

They all frantically work on the man. He screams out then dies. EMBRY hits the table.

Embry:
Damn it! We were so close!
(sighs and looks at clock)
Time of death 11:05 am.

Colleague:
Would you like us to take the body down to the morgue?

Embry:
(sigh)
No, leave it here. I need to run some more tests to see why it failed this time.

TIME ELAPSE
EMBRY is alone in the lab at night. She is working with equipment and writing things down. She hears groans.

Embry:
Who’s there?

More groaning. EMBRY walks around looking for the source of the noise. She walks up to the window of the testing room and sees the man in the seat where she left him. There is no change.

Embry:
I’m losing my mind.

EMBRY leaves and goes home to find COLLIN at her apartment.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll post more soon. :)
Em