Where We First Met

Where We First Met

Today is graduation.
Finally.
I was looking in the mirror, making sure everything was perfect for the big day. I was wearing a white and black lace knee-length dress along with a pair of black heels. My dark brown hair was done in a half-up, half-down style. The hair that was pulled up was curled where as the hair that was left down was simply straightened. Leaving my front bangs to complete the look, but I needed one more thing. I added a black headband with a bow to my hair, and it was done. As for my make-up, I used a thin line of black eyeliner around my eye, a smoky-colored eye shadow that somewhat brightened my grey eyes, a light pink blush the glowed over my pale cheeks, and to top it all off, I used a soft pink lipstick. I pursed my lips and took one more look. ~I was ready to go. ~

“Tori! Hurry up! You have to go!” I heard my mom shout from down stairs. I turned on my heel, quickly grabbing my black glittered clutch, and walked down the steps. “Oh, honey you look beautiful. Let me take a picture before you go.” I sighed and nodded. I have to go early to get my gown and cap; and to quickly rehearse with whom and how we walk into the ceremony.

My mom came back with the camera and my dad & fifteen year-old brother, Caden, within five minutes. I stood at the front door, ready to go. After numerous pictures I was finally able to leave. I climbed into my black Honda Civic and drove off to my high school.

As I finally arrived I recognized many faces. But I was only looking for one face at the moment Aaron. My best friend and boyfriend. We have been together for three years now. Yep, he asked me out when we were starting our sophomore year. We were best friends since kindergarten though. But of course I fell in love with him long before 10th grade. I just never had the guts to say anything.

Once I spotted him, the sides of my lips curled into a wide grin. I began waving to try and catch his attention. But he didn’t see. He was talking to another one of my best friends, Kami and her boyfriend, another best friend of mine, Jacob. I decided to shout.

“Aaron!” I shouted waving my arms excessively. I probably looked stupid, but, oh well. I don’t really care. “Aaron!’ I shouted once more. This time I got his attention. Once his eyes locked with mine he began to run towards me. He was smiling that breathtaking smile the whole way. He stopped right in front of me and pulled me into a hug. I hugged back.

“Tori! You’re finally here!” He let go but kept his hands resting on my shoulders. “You look amazing!” He smiled and I blushed. Aaron was wearing a simple black suit with a red and black striped tie; his brown hair straightened, as always. And to top it all off he wore some nice black shoes.

“You don’t look bad yourself.” I teased. He pouted and I laughed. “Let’s go towards Kami and Jake.” I suggested. He nodded in agreement and took grasp of my hand. We walked, hand in hand, towards two of my closest friends. I smiled as we neared them.

“Kami!” I said happily, hugging her tightly. “You look so pretty.” She wore a short red lacey. Her black sequined heels were cute and simple. Her make-up was similar to mine, except her lipstick was red. Kami’s blonde hair looked so pretty curly and up, rather then the down and straight style she usually wears. Although she looked gorgeous either way, especially with her hazel eyes brightening through her bangs.

‘Tori! Thanks, you too!” She said, hugging me back. We let go and laughed.

“Thank you! And you’re welcome! Jake!” I turned to Jacob, smiled and hugged him tightly as he hugged back, chuckling softly. Jacob, like Aaron wore a simple black suit, except he had a plain red tie. And his black hair was sticking out everywhere. His dark brown eyes glistening as always.

“Hey Tori!” I let go and smiled. I looked at the time.

9:00 a.m. It was time for the ceremony to begin. ~Here we go! ~

>>>FF to the End of the Graduation Ceremony>>>

It was time to throw our caps in the air. I screamed along with everyone else and through it up. After talking to my friends I decided to go find my parents and little brother. Once I found them, I ran into my parents arms.

“Congratulations Tori!” My dad said, letting me go.

“I’m so proud of you honey!” My mom said cheerfully. I smiled and looked at my brother.

“Congrats sis.” I smiled and hugged him. After hesitating, he gave me a hug to.

Once my parents left I went to find Aaron again. But He was nowhere to be found. I guessed he had gone home to his parents. I walked to my car. ~I need to change. ~ On my front window sat a note that said ‘Tori~’. I looked at it skeptically before picking it up. ~It’s a note! ~ I opened it and began reading. It was just six simple words.

Meet me where we first met.

I knew, by the handwriting, that is was Aaron straight away. I smiled. ~I remember when we first met. It was at the elementary school park on the second day of kindergarten. I had fallen off the swing and was crying. Most people didn’t care or they pointed & laughed. That’s when Aaron came in and lectured them about bullying. Then he took me to the nurse’s office. ~ I laughed at the short, but memorable, memory. I climbed into my car and began to drive off.

“Now why would he want to go to the elementary school park?” I asked myself aloud.

Once out of my car, I saw Aaron sitting on one of the swings, still in his formal outfit. But not his cap and gown. I slipped out of my graduation gown and locked my car, slowly making my way to Aaron. He saw me and stood up. I finally got to him.

“Sit, sit.” I did as he said and sat on the swing in front of him. “Um…Tori, I have to ask you something. It’s very important.’ I looked at him, confused, and nodded. ~Uh-oh! What happened? ~ I was a little afraid to hear what he had to say. But once he smiled reassuringly, I knew it wasn’t bad. “Well…umm…” He sounded like he was looking for the right thing to say. I just tilt my head, and let him think. “As you know, we have been together for three years now as boyfriend and girlfriend. And, well…you are the only person who manages to leave me speechless, I'm so lucky to be the one in charge of protecting you from everyone, including yourself; you’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me, and I don’t want to let that go. So,” He knelt on one knee and dug into his pocket, and pulled out a small velvet box. I gasped. “Tori Ellen Meyers, will you marry me?” Tears streamed down my faces as he opened the box and held it out to me. I gasped. The diamond ring was beautiful. He looked up into my grey eyes, as I stared into his green ones. I was still crying tears of joy when I jumped into his arms.

“Yes! Of course I will marry you!” I answered happily. He smiled. I let go and sat in front of him. He slipped the ring onto my ring finger and kissed me passionately. I kissed back with just as much passion. Once we pulled away we smiled and I hugged him again. He laughed.

~Where we first met. My favorite place of all time. ~ I thought as we left to tell everyone the news. I will never forget today nor the day we first met. Because, this is where everything started and came together.

Where we first met.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tori
Aaron
Kami
Jacob
The Ring

I hope you liked it. Please comment ^_^

-Samii <3