Status: Finally complete 2/16/2011

Dreammakers and Heartbreakers

Davey

I was in my room unpacking my clothing after moving from South Carolina to pursue my dreams of making it by starting my own rock band in LA. My cousin moved along with me to studying being an actress and to work at a tattoo shop since the ones in South Carolina sucked. I pulled my hair into a ponytail before unpacking a box containing notebooks of songs I wrote after my father died when I was 16.

Rona walked into my room but I didn't hear her due to me listening to my I-Pod. I was singing along with Pink to her song 'Sober'. I felt Rona behind me so I took off my headphones and turned around.

"What's up?"

"Listen, I went through our budget and we have enough for at least a month including bills, gas, and food. We need to get jobs a.s.a.p. "

"I will start to look tomorrow."

"Alright."

"Anything else?"

"What do you want to eat?"

"Um...I don't feel like cooking."

"Takeout, drive-thru, or restaurant?"

"Restaurant please."

"Okay, we'll figure out what to eat once you get ready."

"Okay." I jumped up taking a random outfit that went together. I went into my bathroom and got ready.

***

30 minutes later, we were arriving to this restaurant and walked in. Rona and I were too busy talking about where we were going to be shopping soon that I almost walked into this guy walking out.

"Sorry." I smiled at the tall, lanky guy with blonde dreadlocks. He smiled and nodded. I let my gaze linger on him for a few more seconds before I turned away to follow Rona in.

"He was checking you out."

"Oh please Rona, he's too gorgeous."

"God, don't let Hollywood get to you."

"Okay." The hostess looked up at us.

"Dinner for 2?" She questioned.

"Yeah." Rona said. We were quickly seated and ordered our drinks.

"So, when are you going to try and put together your band?"

"I want to get a job first just to make sure I won't become a starving artist."

"I feel you girl."

"When is your job interview?"

"Well Hart and Huntington wants me there on Monday, so I can meet the manager."

"Think Carey Hart will be there?"

"I don't know."

"Damn. So, I am thinking of dabbling in more photography."

"Speaking of photography, you are doing my next set, right?"

"Yeah." I nodded.

***

After dinner, I was outside after paying while Rona used the bathroom. I had an unlit cigarette propped between my lips as I searched my bag for a lighter. I looked up as the door opened and the same guy I almost bumped into earlier walked out. He smiled and pulled out his cellphone and texted someone.

"Excuse me, do you have a lighter?"

"Yeah, sure." He pulled a lighter out of his pocket and walked over as he lit the end of my cigarette. As I exhaled I noticed him still looking at me.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"You know, you are very beautiful." He said it to be a statement rather than a question.

"Excuse me?"

"You are very beautiful. Have you thought about modeling?"

"Yeah, I used to."

"Why'd you stop?"

"Excuse me if I sound rude but I want to know why so much questions?"

"I own this clothing line 'Killers Never Die' and I am looking for new models. I pay pretty well."

"Really, I have been looking for a new job."

"For the first photo shoot, I'll pay almost a grand."

"That would be a major help."

"Okay." He smiled and nodded. He got a card out and gave it to me.

"Give me a call, I'll call a photographer and set up a photo shoot for you."

"Okay." I put his card in my purse as he was walking off. My cousin came out of the restaurant.

'So?" She smiled brightly probably thinking that he had hit on me.

"He offered me a gig to pose for his clothing line."

"Did you accept?"

"Yep, almost a grand."

"Damn girl, that is a high paying gig."

"Yeah." I smiled and dropped my cigarette. "I still need to find a steady income."

"Yeah." We started to walk to her Mustang.

"Tomorrow is definitely going to suck."
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me if you like it.