Status: Finally complete 2/16/2011

Dreammakers and Heartbreakers

Manipulation Is The Name Of Her Game

I woke up feeling the pain in my hand first, I should have just kicked him in the nuts. I got up slowly and walked to my bathroom and found my pills that were prescribed. I noticed that the bruising and swelling had gone down significantly and it would be a matter of time before my finger healed, damn Davey had a hard nose. It was 9 in the morning and since I was in the emergency room until 3, I knew I would be late. I grabbed my business cell and headed out of my room to get a bottle of water. I found Marissa's number and pressed the send button. She picked up as I opened the fridge to grab a water.

"Hello?"

"Hey Marissa, did you fax and e-mail the information I requested?"

"Deidre?"

"Yeah, it's me."

"Are you okay? You sound different." It's a known fact that when I am tired my voice gets raspy.

"I just spent most of the night in the emergency room but I'm okay."

"Okay, I sent the info last night at 10."

"Okay, thanks Marissa, I'll see Saturday."

"Bye girl." I hung the phone up and got the pills I needed out of the bottle. I opened my water bottle and popped a pill before taking a long swallow of water. I was suppose to meet DJ at the house at 10, but due to my setbacks, I was going to be late. I took the phone and dialed his number.

"Hello?" It was Marie.

"Hi Marie, this is Deidre. Can you please let DJ know I'm going to be a little bit late. I spent most of the night in the emergency room.

"Okay, whatever." She sounded as bitchy as usual.

"Thank you." I was always nice to her, so why should this cunt be evil to me? I didn't think hard on it because I needed to get ready. I rushed back into my room and took a quick shower.

***

At 10:45

I arrived to the house and rang the doorbell. A minute later DJ answered looking pissed off, but instantly calmed down.

"Hey."

"Sorry I'm late. I told Marie to tell you that I ended up in the emergency room." I held up my braced hand.

"Come on in, Marie said that you weren't coming. Why does she have to be so jealous and manipulative?"

"I don't know, why are you with her?" I was curious. I walked in behind him.

"I just don't want another failed relationship under my belt."

"Well, you need to do whatever it is that makes you happy."

"Speaking of happiness, how did it go with Davey?"

"I busted my hand and his nose. His 'girlfriend' Bianca probably broke some of his ribs."

"What kind of damage am I looking at?" He took my hand and for a second I felt a slight spark but that soon faded.

"Dislocated joint in my finger, swollen and bruised, and 6 stitches."

"Okay. I'm a little scared of you."

"Don't be. Let's get to work."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short but it's a filler.