Status: Finally complete 2/16/2011

Dreammakers and Heartbreakers

Perspectives

DJ

I walked back to where the buses were parked to relax for a while and think. I hated to admit it because it sounds so cliche but I was finding myself falling for my assistant. She was just a breath of fresh air that was completely opposite of Marie. I had to admit that when I was around her it felt like life was a hell of a lot better. I laid down on my bunk and began to think. I didn't even know if she likes me back. I grabbed my acoustic guitar and started to strum out random notes. Music always helped me think more clear, which my mind was cluttered. Nikki walked in the bus and looked at me.

"What's on your mind?"

"Nothing."

"A woman, huh? Who is it Marie?"

"No." I stately blankly.

"Another woman?"

"Yep."

"Who, your assisant?"

I remained silent which was an indicator that I was hiding something.

"So, you like her? Why don't you just say something?"

"I don't think that she views me that way."

"You won't know until you make a move."

"She works for me."

"Whatever, I think you should take a chance. She's gorgeous with a good head on her shoulders. You should take a chance."

"Really?"

"Yeah, if it helps I think she likes you too."

"How do you know?"

"The look in her eyes."

"Okay. I will take a chance."

"Good."

Deidre

I was with Cat and Rona shopping.

"So how's touring?"

"It's great, the guys are fun and hilarious but I really missed you guys."

"So, how are things with Bobby?"

"Completely over. I was wondering what the fuck i was thinking. Bobby is gorgeous, really nice and successful but i refuse to be the bottom priority. As much as I'll miss him I can't do it. I am getting too old for that shit."

"I think you should date DJ." Cat stated bluntly.

"What?" I stopped looking through the racks.

"Date DJ."

"He's my boss, plus he doesn't see me like that. He's a nice guy but he wouldn't date me."

"Dude, you are fucking oblivious right?" LaRona asked.

"What are you talking about?"

"Deidre, DJ likes you."

"As my boss."

"More than that chick. What boss flies a girl's bestfriend and cousin out to New York from Cali?"

"A generous one. Besides he likes you Cat."

"No way."

"How do you know?"

"We kissed once and he said that it was like kissing his sister. It is definitely not me he likes."

"Yeah right.'

"Well has he been super-nice to you?" Cat leaned in for the answer.

"Yeah."

"Good that means he likes you. I've been around DJ for 4 years so I should know."

"Okay but come on, what if he doesn't like me then I will be fucking embarrassed."

"Why shouldn't he be attracted to you?"

"Because, I'm not that pretty?"

"Deidre, you are fucking smoking hot, sweet, and not the typical girl. You are every guys' dream."

"Okay, here is the deal if he decides to make a move I will return the affection."

"Cool. I think you two would be a perfect match together."

I looked at the clothes I already had in my hand ready to try them on.

"Okay, I'm trying on clothes."

"Watch out of your hand."

"Speaking of my hand Davey called me."

"What the fuck for?"

"To apologize and ask for a second chance." I didn't really feel much pain in my knuckles anymore.

"Dude, he's an asshole so, so no-kay."

"Yeah." I answered going into the dressing room. "So how long will you guys be here?"

"An entire week. Carey said if I stayed any longer he will have to follow me here."

"That's so sweet."

"You'll find someone that sweet."'