Status: Finally complete 2/16/2011

Dreammakers and Heartbreakers

Derrick (Tripp)

Later on that night, I was on the bus checking to see if Davey was lying. I typed in the website name and pressed 'enter'. It came up as an invalid url. I brushed my fingers through my hair looking at my cast. I reached for my phone and called the only male that always gave me good advice. I found his number and pressed send. After a few rings, he picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hey Derrick."

"Dee?"

"Yeah."

"What's wrong?" We've been childhood friends and roommates for a short time, so he knows when something is wrong.

"LA is getting to be too much and I am so off my goal that i don't know what to do." I felt like crying.

"Start from the beginning."

"It's a long one."

"I don't care, tell me."

"Fine. Rona and I moved to LA to pursue our dreams, you know I wanted to start a band and everything. I met this guy and he offered to pay me to model. I also I got a job as DJ Ashba's assistant. He found out the guy was trying to put me on a porn site and as a result I fucked up my hand really. I can't even pick up my guitar."

"Wait first off DJ Ashba, your crush."

"Yeah but I doubt he likes me like that."

"How did you bust up your hand? You didn't hit him did you?"

"Yeah, I broke his nose and bloodied up my dress too."

"Aww, my poor baby doll. What's the damage on your hand?"

"Dislocated finger, bruised knuckled and a few stitches to close the wounds."

"Damn girl."

"I know, but it was totally worth it."

"So, what is the biggest problem you have?"

"I haven't seven formed my band nor wrote any new material."

"Sounds like you are depressed. You should come visit."

"In Chicago?"

"Nope LA. Dope moved to LA to do some more music."

"When the fuck did this happen?"

"Last week, I was going to call and tell you."

"Right, you were probably chasing random bimbos down."

"Okay, that too."

"I'm not sure when I'll be back but I will let you know."

"Okay, sweetface."

"I'll call you tomorrow fucker."

"You better."

"Bye bye."

"Bye babes."

I hung up and laid back on the bed. Derrick knew that I always had a crush on hiim since we were little but he didn't want to ruin our friendship. Maybe it would have been more simple if we were together since he always inspired me when it came down musically. I relaxed and hugged my pillow.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have figured out how I want to end this and it will be surprising.