Status: Finally complete 2/16/2011

Dreammakers and Heartbreakers

He Loves Me Pt. 1

I was back at the condo five days later, getting dressed to go see Derrick. I grabbed my acoustic guitar and put it in it's case. I was so ready to go hang with him because I've known him about as long as I've known my cousin. I made sure that I looked great and headed out of my room door. Rona was walking around the kitchen when she spotted me.

"Hey, where you going?"

"Derrick and Branden's place, Derrick thinks that he can cure my writer's block."

"Cool, tell him I said hey."

"Okay, see you later." I waved to her leaving the condo.

After an hour and a half I found the condo complex and saw Derrick outside getting something out of his car. I parked mine and got out leaving my things inside of the car.

"Derrick!"

He turned and looked at me with a big smile on his face. I ran to him and jumped into his awaiting embrace as he lifted me up to him. I wrapped my legs around his waist like I always did since we were little.

"How are you?" I asked

"Better now that you are here."

That would usually make me blush but I kept my emotions in check.

"It's great to see you, I missed your face."

He smiled setting me down.

"Got your guitar?"

"Yep. Let me go get it."

"Okay." I walked over to my car and grabbed my baby . I grabbed my backpack and locked up my car before heading back to him. He led me upstairs to his condo and opened the door for me. i walked in and took a look around noticing that it wasn't much different from the one in Chicago.

"Where's Branden?" I noticed it was quiet.

"With some chick."

"That little bad boy."

I put my guitar case and backpack down while sitting onthe couch.

"Want a beer?"

"Yeah sure." I pulled off my hoodie. I looked up at him and saw something different when he looked at me. Maybe it was wishful thinking but I swear it was a little bit of love. He stopped looking at me and got the beer. He grabbed two out of the fridge and sat next me. After opening mine and handing it to me, he lounged back.

"Thanks Derrick." I took a long drink and sat back.

"So, are you okay?"

"I'm okay, just a little bit stressed out. I need to get my creative juices flowing."

"I know but don't give up on your dreams."

"It's hard not to."

"For me will you keep going?"

"I guess." This was getting slightly awkward because of how close he was sitting next me.

"You know what?"

"What?"

"I'm sitting here after a few years of not seeing you and I don't know what I was thinking."

"What are you talking about?" I took another drink of my beer.

"I'm talking about how I decided we shouldn't date, I was thinking over it recently and it didn't make sense. Now sitting here looking at you I think we are a perfect match."

"Derrick have you been mixing other drugs with your weed?"

"No."

"I think you are losing it."

"I am not losing it, baby girl."

He said my nickname that he called me all through high school as he leaned forward and kissed me. I kissed him back feeling "the sparks". He tried to lean me back but I stopped him.

"Derrick, I can't."

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that." He went to get up but I grabbed his hand keeping him anchored to the couch.

"No, it's not you, I just need time. So many guys have tried to use me."

"Deidre, how long have you known me?"

"We met when we were 5, so 20 years."

"And when we first met, what happened?"

"I was being picked on and you knocked the dumb kid out."

"I've always protected you and I have no intentions of hurting or using you. I just want to try out a relationship and if it doesn't work out then we can go back to being friends."

"Can I think about it?"

"Yeah sure, take your time."

"Okay." I nodded and kissed him.

"Ready to make some beautiful music together?"

"Sure." I watched him grab my acoustic and started to strum.

God this was going to be a long one.