Status: Finally complete 2/16/2011

Dreammakers and Heartbreakers

My Favorite Mistake

I felt the sun in my eyes as I woke up. I didn’t realize that I was snuggled up next to Derrick until I heard him softly snoring. His arm was wrapped around me so I just laid there and watched him for a little while longer. Soon, he woke up and looked down at me.

“Hey.”

“Hey.” I sat up against the headboard.

“What are you thinking about?” He touched my arm.

“Nada.” I got up and brushing my fingers through my hair.

“Want to know what I am thinking about?”

“Having sex?”

“No, I’m thinking of how beautiful you are.”

“Stop lying.” I looked at him briefly before looking for a pair of shorts.

“I am so serious.” He got up.

“You are way too adorable, now after I brush my teeth I want you to get ready for breakfast, okay?”

“Okay.”

I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth.

After I finished doing my business, I walked out of the bathroom.

“Get dressed, I want you to take you out to breakfast.”

“You don’t have to spend money when I can cook.”

“That is so sweet but I still want to treat so I want you to get dressed.”

“Okay babes.” I agreed. He got up and went to take a shower.

My business phone rang and I was able to locate it on my dresser. I was surprised to see it didn’t have any dust on it yet.

“Hello?”

“Hey Deidre, mind coming into to work and help me out?”

“How soon?”

“Right now.”

“Okay.” I was looking forward to breakfast with Derrick and now that was shot.

“How fast can you get here?”

“About 20 to 30 minutes.”

“Okay, see you then.”

Derrick came out in his tank and jeans as I hung up. I looked at him kind of sad.

“What’s wrong?”

“I have to take a rain check, DJ needs to me come to work.”

“Damn, that sucks. Let’s make it dinner then?”

I nodded and then hugged him.

“I was really looking forward to breakfast with you.”

“It’s okay, just call me when you get off.”

“Okay.”

It felt so different to have someone always be there that I was thinking about freaking out.

After Derrick dropped me off to my car which was still at the studio, I stood at the door to DJ’s house and waiting for him to answer. Something was nagging me about being here knowing that I did majority of my work last time before I left. He opened this door and flashed his lop-sided grin which I instantly recognized as his nervous grin.

“What’s up?”

“Um, there is no work. I just need to talk to you.”

“Okay.” He stepped back and let me in. I walked in.

“Follow me.” He walked into his living room area and I followed behind him wondering what was making him so nervous.

I sat down on the couch and he sat beside me.

“What’s on your mind?”

“I usually don’t dance around the issue but I don’t know how to tell you this.”

“Well just blurt it out that might be helpful.”

“Okay, well I like you.”

“I like you too DJ.”

“No, I mean I really like you. Remember when I asked you about Marie and the mystery woman?”

Shit, it finally made sense now.

“Yeah.”

“Well that was you.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, I think you are an amazing girl, I would like to get to know you a lot better.”

“Oh really?”

“Yeah.”

“How long have you felt this way?”

“A while but I was too chicken shit to say anything.”

“Okay, now that is established what now?”

“Do you like me?”

“Yeah.”

He got up and kissed me laying me back on the couch. I felt his hard member strained against his jeans. I moaned as he bit my bottom lip and his hands moved up to remove my shirt. I liked Derrick a good bit but I also wanted DJ a lot. His fingers moved down to my skirt and lifted it up to my hips as he pulled off the g-string that I was wearing. His skillful fingers rubbed the inner part of my right thigh as he pushed his body unbelievably closer to mine. My hands snaked in between us as I unbuttoned his jeans quickly and unzipped him. He was wearing boxers so I pulled his jeans and boxers down to his thighs as he positioned himself at my opening. It took one thrust to throw me into ecstasy as I threw my head back and moaned out his name as he fucked me nearly senseless on the couch.

Later on I woke up in his bed after the second and third round. I rolled over to a warm but empty spot. I grabbed his sheets and wrapped them around my naked body feeling the cold air as I decided to go search for him. I walked out into the hallway and heard his voice in the kitchen. I walked down the steps as his voice became clearer and I realized that he was talking to Nikki on the phone.

“Nikki, I think I made a mistake.”

I heard silence but I felt my heart drop as I got closer.

“I really like her and hell there could be something really wonderful there but I don’t want to hurt her.” There was another long pause.

“She’s upstairs asleep in my room. I think she is amazing but I know I would end up hurting her. No, she doesn’t know that I got back with Marie.”

That was all I needed to hear. I went back upstairs and found my clothes. I quickly got dressed not caring if he saw or not.

“Where are you going?”

“Anywhere but here, you fucking asshole.”

“What are you talking about?”
“I heard your conversation with Nikki, I’m a mistake remember. Just to think I thought you really wanted to be with me and I almost let a good man go because of you.”

This hurt worse than Davey, I actually could see myself with this guy.

“Deidre, let me explain.”

“You don’t have shit to say to me that I would want to hear. Mistake remember?” I pointed to myself. “Stay with Marie and be fucking miserable.” I got his phone that I used for business and threw it on the bed. I, then got my keys and removed his house and office keys from my chain tossing them on the bed as well. I walked to the door in a hurry to get away from him before I lost my temper and probably break something on him.

“Deidre…”

“Consider this my 2 weeks’ notice, I fucking quit.”

I grabbed my purse and walked downstairs. DJ was smart enough to not follow me when I was so pissed off.

I held it together until I got behind the wheel of my car. All the emotions and frustrations finally poured out of me as I backed my car out of his driveway speeding off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please!