Status: Finally complete 2/16/2011

Dreammakers and Heartbreakers

The Begining of Something Beautiful.

By the time I arrived home I didn’t want to talk to anyone except Derrick. I knew that the truth would hurt him but I wouldn’t be able to keep it secret. Instead of calling him I texted him so that he could meet me at the house. I pulled my hair up into a bun and got ready to shower.

20 minutes later after I showered and made myself presentable there was a knock on the door. I tugged down my short shorts and went to the door. I checked the peephole and saw Derrick who looked really worried. I opened the door and smiled weakly.

“Hey, baby girl. How are you?” He gave me a quick peck.

“Hey.”

“What’s wrong? I thought you were at work.”

“Can we talk?”

“Yeah sure.”

I let him in and we walked over to the couch. He sat down and I sat next to him pulling my legs up Indian style.

I couldn’t look him in the eyes.

“So, you haven’t told me what was wrong.”

“I trusted someone I shouldn’t have and I ended up hurt.”

“Who hurt you?”

“DJ.”

“Wait a minute, how did he hurt you?”

“Derrick, you know how much I care about you right?”

“Yes.”

“I screwed up instead of just saying yes to you and being your girlfriend. I slept with DJ and he called me a mistake.”

Derrick stopped and looked up.

“And I can totally understand if that changes your opinion of me. If you don’t want to be with me anymore then I’ll be okay.”

“Deidre, it’s hard to swallow that you slept with another man but I think that I still want my chance. Can you tell me that you actually want to be with me more than him.”

“I do want you more than anybody.”

“Well then are you with me or not?”

“I am.”

“Good.” He kissed me while wiping away my tears.

“Thank you Derrick.”

“Don’t cry.” He whispered.

“Just don’t hurt me Derrick.”

“I wouldn’t plan on it.”

He kissed me again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments and Subscribe Please?