Status: Finally complete 2/16/2011

Dreammakers and Heartbreakers

I Love You.

It's been over a month since Derrick and I got together. I couldn't be anymore happier than I am now. He's my bestfriend and the greatest boyfriend I've ever had. I was at his apartment after spending the night with him looking through his laptop. I heard the front door open and knew it was Branden because Derrick was still asleep next to me. I got up and walked out into the kitchen to see Branden sit down looking tired.

"Hey Branden."

"Hey Dee. Didn't know you spent the night." I opened the fridge to grab a beer.

"Well if you would've come home last night you would've known."

"Touche. Where's Derrick?"

"Knocked out in bed."

"Damn you wore him out didn't you?"

"No. Derrick and I haven't done anything at his request."

"Wow, he must be really in love with you."

"What?"

"He would usually be all about getting into a girl's pants but not you."

"Dude, who knows what's going through his head." I sat at the kitchen table.

"Do you love him?"

"What?"

"Do you love Tripp?" He asked.

"Yeah, I can't even deny that shit man."

"Then tell him maybe it would ease his mind about trying to be the perfect boyfriend."

"He knows he doesn't have to be perfect for me. We've been friends since preschool."

"Then let him know."

"Okay." I nodded and opened my beer getting up.

"Where are you going?"

"Going to go lay down with my boyfriend."

"Okay." He grinned.

I took a long drink and walked back into the room to see him still sleeping peacefully. I put the beer down on the nightstand and crawled across the bed. I kissed him gently which woke him up. He looked at me.

"Hey, you okay?" His hand went to my lower back.

"Derrick...I love you." I smiled.

This caused him to brighten up.

"I love you too beautiful."

I pecked him again and laid down beside him getting under the covers.

I rested my head on his chest and closed my eyes. He kissed my forehead which caused me to smile even wider.

"You don't know how much that truly means to hear that coming from you." Derrick said.

"Well I wanted to wait until it was the truth."

"Good."