I Arranged Myself a Marriage with a Vampire …. By Mistake

-7-

“How much left?” I asked
I didn`t know what the time was, but I was sure it was pretty late. I tried not to fall asleep, but it was quite difficult.
“ Not much.” Answered Dominic who was driving, “ But using a car is really slow way to move.”
“Oh?” , I gave him a weird look
I yawned again. It wasn`t my fault that they were active in the night, and I – at the day.
Dominic turned back, while he was driving.
“ Are you tired,miss Scott?”
“Not really.”, I replied, but it was an obvious lie
It took me a great effort to stay with opened eyes.
“ Maybe master Athen could help you to get there quickly?” suggested Dominic
Jeez, he was the only one vampire who showed mercy to me.
“ What about the car?”, asked he
That was the first time I heard Athen`s voice. Deep and strong, just like a sound from the strings of a guitar.
“ I`ll take care of it.” Answered Bram

Oh, he wasn’t mute after all. Athen snorted and Dominic stopped the car. The three of us got out.
It was a quiet cool night.
I glanced at the dark mountain ahead. Were we going there? I`ve never been there, cause I wasn`t really the type who enjoys the nature.
Athen stood behind me. I held my rucksack even tighter. I felt some kind of tension when I felt his breath on my neck.
“ It`s better if you close your eyes, miss Scott.” , I heard Dominic`s voice somewhere behind me too
I decided to do that. For some reason he looked concerned about me. If the circumstances were different I would like him.
I closed my eyes and hold my breath. And then…then I felt Athen`s hands slipping through my shoulders. For some reason, reason that irritated me, my heart began to beat faster and faster. I was scared he may feel it and decide that I like him. Because I absolutely didn`t.
All of sudden he tightened his grip and my feet left the ground. The wind hit furious my face. I really wanted to scream,but I couldn`t. I couldn`t see, but I swear he flew. He could fly. He wasn`t running or something else. We didn`t touch the ground. Because of the speed I found it difficult to inhale.

At last my feet touch the ground. Athen immediately released me from his embrace, so I felt free to bent and to hope I won`t show them what was the contents of my dinner, which I had this evening.
I felt someone`s hand on my back.
“ Are you okay, miss Scott?”, asked Dominic
“ Yes..”
I was almost sure my brain had become a formlessness mess. After a few minutes I found out I could stand on my feet.
Athen that bastard was watching me from a distance. It seemed like he was worried about his clothes.
“ I know it`s awful for you,but soon you`ll enjoy it, I promise.” , smiled Dominic
I tried to imagine that I actually could enjoy this. Trying, trying…. Well, lack of imagination.
“ Miss Scott,” , continued the vampire, “ Welcome to your new home!”

He pointed somewhere and my eyes followed his finger. Then I opened my mouth and felt absolutely unable to close it. It was like I was in a some kind of a dark fairy tell. I have never seen a castle before. I mean a real castle , only illustrations in books. But this thing here was definitely something huge, darker and impressive. Maybe because it was night, the castle seemed black. A few towers were touching the sky. I`ve never seen something so magical and scary in the same time.

“ But..but… It`s a whole castle!”, I stammered , “ I`ve never heard there`s a castle here.”
“ That`s because you can`t see it. It`s visible only if you stand that close to it.” , explained Dominic
Magic? Hm, perhaps.
Dominic invited me to pass trough the half opened gates. Athen was so nice to wait for me so we can walk together like a real lovely couple. I didn`t even look at him. I could save myself that for now, because I knew later I had to watch him beside me my whole life. This thought made me shiver.

Athen led me through an inner courtyard. He walked too fast so I could see a big fountain in the middle. The water was splashing quietly.
Then we reached to a heavy wooden door. He just pushed it a little and it opened. I bet if I ever tried to do that, I would need hours to move it even a little.
Inside the castle was quiet and dark. The moonlight through the windows was the only one lightening. Not that I expected to light, but vampire live in the night, right? And I saw nobody here.
I decide not to ask him why. It seemed like he didn`t feel chatty at the moment.
And I noticed something else. I couldn`t hear his steps. He walked so quietly and he was moving like a dancer. Beside him I felt like an old lame noisy lady.
At last I heard some whispers. One excited voice and a quiet beautiful one.
Soon we reached to a gloomy entrance hall and I saw there a boy and a girl. The boy was definitely a vampire – too pale, too beautiful and sophisticated. He was dressed old-fashioned. Maybe he still lived in 18th century. But she wasn`t an exception too. She was wearing a huge green dress and her waist looked ridicously tiny compared to the meters cloth around her.
I stared at her. She was a human. She had fair skin , but her cheeks were pink, so I decided she definitely is still alive and she is a human being.
They saw us . The girl without any obvious reason just jumped happily, cried out something and hugged me tight. Well, actually it was more like jumping over me. I tried to remember if I know her from somewhere. But that was the first time I`ve seen a red-haired girl actually. She had a light brown eyes, cute snub nose and many many freckles.
“ Oh,I`m sooo glad that I finally meet you, honey!” , she screamed in my ear
I pressed my palm to it and tried to set free from her grip.
“ Um,hi.” , I said when I finally succeeded to breathe normally
She was shaking from excitement. Was I that important to her? Maybe I was some kind of new celebrity here.
“ Oh, I `m so rude. I forgot to introduce myself. I`m Greta.”
She suffocated me again.
“I`m.. A-amber.”
“ I`m so happy, you`re here. It was so bored here without any girl to talk with.”
The unknown vampire finally pulled her gently aside. I felt thankful.
He was a little bit taller than Athen. He had chocolate brown hair, shiny and beautiful, of course, perfect lips, which now were formed into a smile and clear green eyes. Something in him reminded me of Athen.
“Congratulations, cousin , you`ve found a lovely bride!” said he
Athen just nodded. I doubt I was so lovely for him.
They shook hands. So, they were cousins , but who was the mortal girl?
I didn`t have any time to ask. I couldn`t realize when my hand was pressed by Athen`s cousin`s two cold palms.
“ I hope you`ll make yourself at home here.”, he smiled friendly, “ I know that you and my fiancée will became good friends.”
Greta jumped again, giggling.
I didn`t say anything.
“ Oh, and I`m Noah by the way.” He bowed just a little
That Noah was much more polite than his cousin, I thought. I said my name again and I tried to bow to him ,but I made a really awkward bow.
Noah and Greta laughed.
“ She so cute, Athen!” , smiled he
My future husband hummed something and after this he continued speaking clearly.
“ I suggest to speak later with you, Noah. Now we should prepare for the dinner with the elders.”
“ What?” I shouted, “What dinner?”
Athen just frowned, because of my loud voice. It was Greta who explained me.
“We are going to have dinner with elders,Amber. Just like one big family!”
How could she feel so excited about something really terrible!? I gulped nervously.