A Jagged, Gorgeous Winter

Chapter Three

In The Basement

Ryan and Brendon crept forward, trying not to spook the things lurking in the shadows of the freezing, dark basement. There were boxes everywhere. Ryan found a lightswitch and flipped it.

Brendon shrieked and ran to the back and found what the instructors had described (and labeled) as the water heater. Brendon found the hole in the panelling and pressed the reset button.

“Let's get out of here.” Brendon looked around and screamed.

“Whoa! What the fuck, Brendon?” Ryan asked as the lead singer flew out of the basement like the hounds of hell were chasing him. Ryan shut the light off and followed Brendon up the stairs to the back door and into the house. Brendon threw himself onto the couch and dove under a blanket with Pocahontas on it.

“Brendon?” Jon looked up from his game of Pokemon Sorry with Spencer.

“I just scared the hell out of myself.” Brendon muttered.

“What?” Spencer asked.

“I thought something was down there, but it was my shadow.” Brendon mumbled into the pillow.

Ryan snickered and headed for the mini fridge for a sandwich.

“I need to know why we're here.” Spencer got up and wandered over to the laptop in the back. He logged on where the girls had so graciously created an account for them as Panicking Disco-Goers. Their password was discobiscuits.

Logging onto his email account, Spencer typed in the email address they'd left them; wannabuyaduck@yahoo.com in the To: slot.

Okay, this is Spencer Smith, drummer of Panic at The Disco.

I don't know what to say to you two. You're positively evil, we got that.

But I have to know, why did you bring us here? Is there some sort of lesson you want us to learn? Some specific reason? Or do you just do this to torture us?

-Love,
Spencer Smith.


“Do you think they'll respond?” Ryan asked.

“I hope so.” Spencer answered, looking at the screen through his eyelashes. He hit refresh. There was a message from them.

Spencer,
it's Kate and Kristen here. Yeah, we're girls. :P and our names are Kate and Kristen.

So you wanted to know why you're where you are?

Because Kristen and I, we're extremely bored. And it's nothing against you guys. We just wanted to prove to ourselves, I suppose, that celebrities and people who've been living the luxury life can live like we do. I don't know, it's odd.

-Love,
KA and KH


Spencer read the email aloud.

“Wow, that's.... really weird.” Jon stated.

“I mean, at least it wasn't just because they're cruel.” Brendon voiced. The rest nodded.

“I'm tired.” Brendon finally mumbled before wrapping the blanket around him and heading for the bedroom closest to the living room, the one he shared with Ryan.

“Night, Bear.” Ryan called. He mumbled a night back and stumbled into the room, leaving the three alone.

“I'm gonna go to bed too.” Jon said. So one by one, the band dispersed to their separate beds for a warm, good night's sleep.

**With Warmer Pasts**
♠ ♠ ♠
ok.... so it's just me writing this....
:(
yeah, i know....
oh well....
comment?
Thanks, See.

-Kayt