Secret

Chapter 12

-Chapter 12-

“Can you believe it?” Ryan asked. We were on the way to his place to study for exams. After he told me that he thought I was pushing my house in his face we started to go to his place more often. Even though after the argument he said he didn’t mean it, I knew he did. So I made it my duty to go to his house as often as he was at mine. And honestly I didn’t know why he thought my house was so much better than his. The only thing was it had fewer rooms and was crouched up next to other similar houses. In the new ‘burbs all of the houses look exactly alike and don’t have hardly any space between them. But at least they all look nice and well kept.

“Believe what?”

“That school is out in a week.”

“We still have exams.”

“LA, LA, LA, LA, LA! I can’t hear you!”

I laughed. “So what are we gonna do this summer?”

“PARTY… No really… I have no clue. Just hang out, I suppose.”

“Hey! Isn’t your birthday on the last day of school?”

He sighed. “Yes. I have to take an AP and Zoology exam on my birthday. Yippee for me.” He didn’t sound happy about that at all.

“Whoa now! Don’t get too excited.”

“Ha, ha, ha. Very funny.”

“What do you want for your birthday?”

“I dunno. Last time we tried to celebrate it blew up in our faces.”

“I remember,” I said clinching my jaw.

“I just want to be with you. How about that?”

I smiled. “Whatever you want.”

We got to his place and began studying for the AP Eng Lit exam. I had been to his place numerous times and had yet to meet his Dad. Apparently, his dad worked two jobs so he was never home and his mother had passed away while giving birth. Ryan believed that his dad blamed him for her death. He didn’t talk about it that much though, and I can understand why. We were sitting across from each other when he slid his chair around the table to be next to me. His hand ran up my leg and he kissed my neck. “I’m trying to study,” I said, not in the most convincing tone.

“Whatever.” He laughed and brought his lips up to meet mine. With out stopping, we moved to the couch. He was lying on his back and I straddled him.

After ten minutes of an intense workout of the tongue, he whispered,"I love you.”

I stopped and peered deep into his yes. “I love you, too.” We kissed again and I said, “We’re gonna fail this test.”

(A week later…)

“Ooh! Someone is 17 today!” I yelled when I saw Ryan in class.

“SHH! Don’t let the world know!”

“Why not?”

“'Cause…”

“Well stop being such a baby and open your present.” I shoved a gift into his hand.

“I wonder what this is?” he said sarcastically, recognizing the undeniable shape of a CD.

“Oh, shut up. I think you’ll like it.” I elbowed him softly in the side.

He unwrapped it. “What the hell?” It was another layer of paper. “Nice.” He unwrapped the second layer. “Damn! How many layers are there?” This went on for six layers of wrapping paper. “Finally,” he said when he saw the CD. “Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge?”

“I know you already have the CD so just open the case.”

“O… kay…” He opened the case and saw a burned CD entitled “To you. From me.” “What’s this?” He was a bit confused.

“It’s exactly what it says. I burned a CD of songs that make me think of you. I thought this would be more personal and plus I was broke.”

A smile grew on his face. “That’s sweet babe and I love it. We’ll listen to it in the car on the way to my place this afternoon.”

“Okay.”

He planted a soft kiss on my forehead just as the teacher yelled to get prepared for the exam. We wished each other good luck and started the test.

“Son of a bitch,” Ryan said once we were out of that class.

I laughed, “What are you talking about?”

“That test was hard.”

“Well maybe you should have studied instead of sticking your tongue down people’s throats.”

“But they like it.”

“Whatever.” We went to our next class and did the same thing, just on different material.

Finally school was out. I was so glad to be starting summer that I could’ve jumped out of my skin. “You ready to go babe?” Ryan asked after I had said my goodbyes to a few of my friends.

“Yep.” We got in the car and a smirk grew on Ryan’s face. I knew that he was planning something. “What?” I asked suspiciously.

“Lookie at what I have.” He pulled out an entire collection of horror flicks.

“What the hell?”

“We’re gonna watch these when we get to my place.”

“Awesome.”

He began driving and then said,"Oh yeah. Can you get the CD out of my hoodie and put it in?”

“Sure.” I reached in the backseat, grabbed it, and popped it in. There were a total of five songs on the CD. The first song that played was “I Caught Fire” by The Used, followed by another The Used song which was “All That I’ve Got”. The last three songs that played were “I’ll Be” (Edwin McCain), “Love Song” (Pink), and “Iris” (Goo Goo Dolls).

At the end he smiled and leaned over and gave me a peck on the cheek. “That was awesome. Now I’m gonna make you one.”

“That’s okay. I’m not good with CDs. I tend to scratch, lose, and break them.”

“Well, I’m gonna make one anyway.” By this time we were at his house. We went in and I sat on the couch while he put in the DVD of Saw 2.

"Ooh. I like the view from here,” I said when he bent over to put in the DVD.

He laughed. “I know you do.” When it began playing he went to make some popcorn. He came back just as the root menu began playing. “Want some?”

“No thanks. I hate popcorn.”

“WHAT!”

“Calm down,” I said shocked by his random outburst.

“She didn’t mean that,” he said petting the bowl.

“Wow.” I cuddled next to him prepared for the fear. He caressed my back.

Thirty minutes into the movie he said, “This is such a turn-on.”

“You’re disturbed.”

“And you’re scared.”

“And you suck.”

“Like this?” He began to suck on my neck.

“Something like that.” I closed my eyes and tilted my head back. “Turn that shit off,” I said referring to the movie. He grabbed the remote, turned it off, and returned to what he was doing. “You’re gonna give me a hickie and my mom is gonna kill me.”

“Fine.” He kissed down my neck all the way to my chest. What was he doing? I thought. Then his hand was in my shirt and he was touching me. I moaned and his lips crashed into mine. I clawed at his shirt he took it off. What was I doing? I thought. I took off my shirt and he pressed his body against mine. We were both sweating from anxiety but he smelled so sweet. My legs were wrapped around his waist when he began to fumble with my zipper. But this time I didn’t say stop.