Secret

Chapter 13

-Chapter 13-

A little more than an hour later we were getting dressed when we heard a knock on the door. Ryan looked at me with a clueless look in his eyes and I quickly slipped my shirt on. “Stay here.” He buckled his belt and went to the door. “Who the hell could this be?” I heard him mumble. He looked through the peephole and yelled, “Fuck yes!” I sat there, completely oblivious to the situation. Ryan opened the door. In ran a guy that tackled Ryan. He put Ryan in a head lock and ruffled his hair.

“Umm…,” I said to myself.

“What’s up man?” the guy said getting off Ryan and helping him up.

“Nothing. Nothing. Where have you been?”

“Not in school. That’s for sure.”

Ryan laughed. Then he remembered that I was in the room and he goes, “Oh yeah. Jess, meet Eric. Eric, meet Jess.”

I walked over and shook his hand. Eric was slightly taller than Ryan but he was also thinner. He had short and spiked brown hair. His eyes were hazel and he wore thick eyeliner. His skin was a little pale too. He was cute, I guess, but Ryan looked better. His eyebrow was also pierced but on the opposite side as Ryan’s. “Nice to meet you.” I smiled even though he had kind of ruined me and Ryan’s alone time.

“Same here.”

Ryan looked as if he was about to explode from pure happiness. “Jess, this is my long time best friend. We’ve known each other since… umm… forever.” We all laughed a little. “And Eric, this is my girlfriend for how many months now?”

I shrugged. We weren’t the kind to have one month anniversaries and all of that crap. “Eight or nine months.”

“Yeah. What she said.” We all went to sit on the couch. We talked for awhile before Eric looked at his watch and said that he had to get going. Ryan sighed. “Damn, man. We have to hang out over the summer.”

“Of course. We’re gonna party like we used to.” They laughed and Ryan escorted him to the door. I could just make out their whispers.

“Are you cleaned up?” Ryan sounded serious.

“Yeah. I just got out of rehab. I don’t do that stuff anymore.”

“Alright. I trust you man.”

“Don’t worry. I’m good now.”

“Okay.”

“Bye!” Eric yelled inside.

“Bye!” I yelled back.

“Isn’t she cute?” Ryan whispered.

“Yeah, she is. But I’ll see you around. I’ve got your number.”

“Okay.”

“Peace out homie.”

“Fo’ rizzle.” My eyes got wide. That was scary. Ryan walked back into the living room. “Why do you look scared?”

“Because I just heard you say ‘fo’ rizzle’.”

Ryan laughed. “It’s an inside joke.”

“Good.” He came over and sat on me. “Wow… You are one fat ass,” I said jokingly.

“You like it.”

“I know. It’s so irresistible.” I kissed him on his cheek. “I love you.”

“I love you, too.” We just sat there for awhile. I started singing happy birthday and he smiled. When I was done he said, “Best birthday ever.”

I smiled then said, “Ryan… I can’t feel my legs.”