Secret

Chapter 21

-Chapter 21-

I opened my eyes as soon as I was sure he was gone. I sat up. “Ahh… fuck.” A terrible feeling tugged at my core. What had I done? Broken up with him over a stupid reason. He got wasted and said some things. But it was the principle. He shouldn’t have done it. But try as I might, my justifications weren’t satisfying. How would I go on without him? I hated being so dependent but I needed him. Sure, I’d known him for less than a year but he’d become my life. He equals life. You do the math. Should I go talk to him? I thought. Everyone was asleep and this would be an opportune time to talk things out.

I got up and hesitantly walked to his, I mean my, room. The door was cracked and the light was on. It creaked quietly as I pushed it open. Ryan quickly turned to me. “What are you doing up?”

“I can’t sleep.”

“Me either,” he whispered.

I closed the door behind me and sat next to him. We were quiet for a moment. “I heard everything.”

“What are you talking about?” He was a bit confused.

“I heard everything you said to me while I was ‘sleeping’.” I held up quotation marks to symbolize that I was faking.

“Oh…” He laughed nervously and blushed a bit. “I didn’t know you were awake.”

“It was probably better off that way.”

“Well, I-”

“Shh.” I put my finger over his lips. “Don’t say anything else.” I pulled him into a kiss. “Forget everything that happened today.”

He smiled. “Done.” Then he pressed his lips against mine.