Secret

Chapter 24

-Chapter 24-

I don’t know for how long I faded in and out in the following minutes, hours, and days.

Fade in.
“I’ll fuckin’ kill you!” Ryan was punching Nick in the face. Jay pulled him off and hit him in the eye.
Fade out.

Fade in.
Nick was unconscious. Ryan was kicking Jay in the stomach yelling curses. Jay pleaded for mercy.
Fade out.

Fade in.
Red and white lights flashed and I heard urgent voices. People lifted me onto some type of bed. They asked me my name. I tried to answer but my chest felt like a ton was on it. “Good enough,” I heard someone say.
Fade out.

Fade in.
A thin stream of light peered through my eyes as I was being pushed on some cart.
Fade out.

Fade in.
Everything was quiet and Ryan was fast asleep in a chair in the corner. I smiled but that soon changed when I noticed the bruises and scratches on his face.
Fade out.

The final fade in.
I awoke with Ryan’s hand in mine. “You’re finally awake,” he said softly.

“Where am I?” I questioned. A stabbing feeling shot through my chest with every word. There were tubes in my nose and in the veins in my arms. I attempted to pull them out but Ryan grabbed my hand.

“You need these.”

“My chest hurts,” I whined.

“You have three broken ribs.”

I sighed. “I’m so stupid.”

“Shh. No, you’re not.”

“What happened? I’m so confused.”

“Don’t talk and don’t worry about it right now. I’ll explain everything later. Just go back to sleep.” He rubbed his thumb across my knuckles. “I love you and I swear if I coulda killed those mother fuckers I would have.”

“You don’t want to go to jail.”

“Fuck that! If I had a gun I would’ve shot them both in between the eyes.”

I sighed again. The pain was unbearable but I wanted to talk to Ryan. “You don’t mean that.”

“Yes. I do. I’d bash their fuckin’ heads in. Fuckin’ assholes.”

“Where’s my mom?” I asked, digressing.

“She’s in the waiting room. The doctor’s said she can’t come in because she makes to much noise crying and whatnot.”

I giggled a bit and Ryan kissed my forehead. I drifted off to sleep again in a matter of minutes.