Secret

Chapter 3

-Chapter 3-

After lunch, Ryan and I walked to Zoology class together. The Zoology teacher was my Bio teacher from last year. Her name was Ms. Williams. We sat in the seats our names were on. Since the arrangements of seats were in alphabetical order by last name, I figured we’d be close. Lucky me. My seat was right behind him. This was great.

“Awesome! I sit right in front of you!”

“Yeah, well, we better not talk a lot ‘cause she’ll change our seats. I had her last year for Bio.”

“Oh, okay. Is she nice?”

“She’s the sweetest thing unless you push her buttons.”

“Alright.” We both took our seats. Surprisingly, class flew by in a flash. When the bell rang to go home I was a bit disappointed. I wanted to be with Ryan longer. As we got up he asked, “How do you get to and from school?”

“My mom drives me to school in the morning and I ride the bus back home because she doesn’t get off until a few hours after school is out.”

“Well... I could… you know… maybe… giveyouaridehome.”

I laughed. “Sure you can givemearidehome,” I said mocking him in a playful way. He blushed as he led me to his car. His car was the average car teens drive. It looked a few years old and the black paint was slightly faded and the bumper was chipping. But it wasn’t too bad. We threw our backpacks in the trunk and he opened the door for me. I had never met a guy that did that for me except my friend Andrew. Once we were both in, he turned his music on just enough so that we could talk over it but still enjoy the sound. Demolition Lovers was playing. “This is my most favorite song in the world,” I said closing my eyes.

“Mine too.”

I told him where I lived and such and we made small talk the rest of the way. He drove in the driveway and walked me to the door. My brother and sister weren’t home yet either. I took the key out of my pocket and unlocked the door. “You wanna come in?” I wasn’t planning on making a move because I had only known him a day. I was just going to offer him a drink.

“Sure.” When we stepped inside he said, “What’s with all the boxes? Are you moving?”

“Moving in. We just moved here about a week ago.”

“That’s cool. This place is pretty nice.”

“Yeah, we’ve come a long way.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’d rather not talk about it.”

“Okay,” he said backing off. I may have come off a little antagonistic but it was unintentionally. As he said that my Pomeranian dog ran to his feet. “He’s so cute!” he nearly squealed, scooping him up. All I could do was laugh at how high-pitched his voice had gone in a matter of seconds. “What’s his name?”

“I just call him My Love.”

“Then that’s what I’ll call him.” He walked toward the back door and looked out of the blinds. “Awesome! You have a lake in the back. I bet a lot of animals hang out back here.”

“Yep. We get ducks, swans, snakes, squirrels, and alligators.” I was in the kitchen about to fix two drinks. “Sprite or Coke?!” I called out.

“Coke!” Finally, something we don’t have in common. I fixed one tall glass of each and brought them to the table in the living room where we plopped down next to each other. I took My Love out of his arms, gave him doggie kisses, and put him on the ground. He ran off somewhere to play with his toys probably. I turned on the TV and it was on Fuse. Ryan started singing along to MakeDamnSure. I stared in awe. He sounded almost exactly like Adam. “What?” he said after he was done.

“I didn’t know you could sing.”

“I can’t.”

“Shut up. Yes you can.”

“Whatever you say.” We flipped through the channels for a short time before he turned to me. He looked me deep in the eyes and said, “I just wanna thank you for everything.”

“For what?”

“You know. For showing me around school and befriending me.”

“No problem. You’re cool and we just, I dunno, clicked.”

“At my old school I didn’t have many friends.”

“Why not?”

“My school was full of preps. Not a single person like me. Like us. Not saying I’m closed minded but they didn’t want to be my friend. If they just would’ve taken the time to get to know me…”

“Oh…” And in an act of pure impulse, we kissed. Gentle at first and then deeper. Our tongues intertwined with passion. In my lack of experience, I wasn’t sure where to put my hands. I kept one in my lap and with the other I laced my fingers through his soft hair. One of his hands held my waist and the other took hold of my hand in my lap. For a few minutes we kissed desperately, only breaking for breath. Damn these human bodies that rely on oxygen.

I was the first to pull away. “Umm…” I hung my head low.

“What’s wrong?”

I paused, all the while choosing my words ever so carefully. “I think you should go.” And with no questions asked he got up and walked to the door. I accompanied him out. Once he was standing outside I said, “I’ll see you later.”

“I’ll call you.”

“Okay.” And with that I closed the door. I leaned with my back against the door and slowly slid down. I began to talk to myself. “You’re such an idiot. You know you’re gonna get hurt so why do you even fall? And now he probably thinks you’re a slut ‘cause you kissed him. You’re so dumb.” I banged the back of my head against the door until my dog began to bark. Suddenly, tears began to stream down my face. I really don’t know why. I cry a lot for no apparent reasons.