Secret

Chapter 6

-Chapter 6-

It was 1:53 am when I was awoken by a familiar vibrating against wood noise. “Whoever this is, is gonna get a swift kick to the balls the next time I see them.” I looked at the screen. “New message from Ryan. Read now or later?” I read aloud. I pressed the ‘Read now’ option. What could he possibly want at two this morning?

Hey, babe. What’s up? You awake?

Yes. I’m playing tennis. NO, I’m not awake. Do you know what time it is?

Yeah. I didn’t switch time zones on the way home. *Chuckle*

Then why couldn’t this wait until the morning?

‘Cause I wanted to talk to you but I didn’t want to get you in trouble ‘cause your mom could probably hear you talk on the phone...

Well you talked to me. Goodnight.

NOOOO! I’m not done.

But I’m tired.

Too bad. Wake up.

Darn you to heck.

Lol… I miss you.

That’s nice. Nighty, night.

WAIT! Don’t you miss me?

Of course, honey. But right now I’m missing some Z’s.

Aww… you’re so cute.

Not when I’m about to slam this phone into the wall.

Someone’s in a pissy mood.

Dude, it’s two in the effing morning and I’m sleepy. What are you on?

I thought you’d never ask. COFFEE!

Switch to decaf and calm down. Now I’ll talk to you tomorrow…or later today when you come pick me up.

Fine. (I’m pouting)

Okay. So long.

And goodnight.

“What have I gotten myself into?” I laughed before I turned off my phone so I wouldn’t be interrupted again and went back to sleep. Or at least tried because now I was fully awake. Ass…